• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you ok with what Andrelton Simmons did?

kevinb

Are you ok with what Andrelton Simmons did?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ok with what Andrelton Simmons did?

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

A respected board member mentioned it 

Fuck that -- Simmons said MLB empowered played to be able to do this, he said point blank that this was best for him and his family.  Sources are saying he's concerned with vulnerable members of his family.   We know his wife went through a transplant in 2015 or 2016.  It could be her, it could be someone else.  Point is the man made his intention to opt out and his reasons why pretty clear.   But Im guessing people want details because, reasons.

48 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I can't answer for why he did or didn't do anything, not really going to offer any opinion other than the questions I have already put out there.. 

But allow me to appeal to your logical side.  Do you think that as a pending FA, and knowing full well how this could be viewed by both the Angels, and prospective future employers he would just say fuck it and quit for the sake of quitting?  Do you think he's stupid?  Or do you think his opting out is just a charade and he's trying to avoid injury/protect his FA?  

I lived through Troy Glaus sitting himself out to protect his FA.  That one pissed me off, this one is just very meh to me.

Honestly I have no clue logically you’d think someone wouldn’t quit with 5 games left to save for free agency. But also I guess what’s 5 games or 5 days in the scheme of anything. I can give up a lot of things for 5 days. None of it made sense to me. Which is why the only thing I could think of was free agency and or annoyed at Angels? Stranger things have happened. I wasn’t the only one who thought that way either. Multiple people on here backed my presumption and people either felt like I did or was completely ok with it. 

46 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

1) Opting out for COVID concerns is fully endorsed by MLB & the players union.  There doesn't need to be a threshold of explanation to satisfy fans.  2)  We haven't and will probably never know the intimate details of the how's and why's that are hidden within the family dynamic.  3)  The timing is truly irrelevant, unless you disregard 1 & 2.   Every person on this board has changed their minds/position due to living out what they thought they could struggle through.  4) Insinuating that it is a free agency spurred decision speaks more to a person who is justifying their disdain for a league sanctioned personal decision because it goes against their own hopes and allegiance.

I said at the beginning that I’d be annoyed or whatever the word was I used if someone opted out of the season due to covid and this was at the beginning of Covid. So I guess I stayed true to my word then. 🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Fuck that -- Simmons said MLB empowered played to be able to do this, he said point blank that this was best for him and his family.  Sources are saying he's concerned with vulnerable members of his family.   We know his wife went through a transplant in 2015 or 2016.  It could be her, it could be someone else.  Point is the man made his intention to opt out and his reasons why pretty clear.   But Im guessing people want details because, reasons.

You must be new to how our society is working of late. We want details to everything and reasons for everything. It doesn’t matter if it’s the fires in California, police, athletes or the president of the United States. We live in an era that not only do we expect it. We demand it. 

1 hour ago, Game 6 said:

This started because you stated he didn't want to quarantine because his wife had a transplant. A couple of us were confused by this and questioned you about it because Simba would have been away from the family. The family would be safer.

So now we know the transplant reason was something you added on your own. Great. Which makes sense now because I knew Simba's wife did not need to quarantine with him. Her health was never at risk so the transplant thing did not make sense to me.

LOL, you're giving me too much credit for your personal assholery. 

Tell you what I did.  I saw what he reportedly said in his statement and I waited for details to emerge. 

When it was reported by actual news outlets that he had told people he chose to opt out because of vulnerable family members I pointed out his wife is an at risk person as a transplant recipient and that he wanted to avoid the quarantine.   I made two comments separated by a period that are 100% factual -- you added the "because" not me.  This is not unlike your attempt to misquote me in the Eppler thread -- that's 100% on you and consistent with your need to try to "gotcha" people.  But wait there's more - you also love to tell people how to live their lives/behave ... so, you then felt the need to question his reasoning because apparently you're also an expert on MLB's protocols and what safeguards they are taking to keep people safe.   I mean, the rest of us have no clue what precautions Simmons and his family have been taking to keep themselves safe but you in your infinite wisdom know they would be safer at whatever hotel MLB will keep them in.  

Seriously, try harder.   Maybe you didn't get it, but when I said I didn't care, I meant it.  Which is why I unlike yourself I didn't really need more details than what had already been given.  I was fine knowing he was doing it to keep his family safe and aware of his wife's medical history.  His decision to not quarantine was fine by me. 

2 hours ago, Game 6 said:

Nothing here about the kidney transplant being the reason for him opting out. Do you have a source on that?

The only source for that is how you chose to read what I wrote.  Feel free to fault me for not being more clear but I'm not responsible for your jumping to conclusions or your need to know who he was trying to keep safe.

As always, hopefully you can "move on".