• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (7/26/2020) Shohei Ohtani's 2020 Debut

Chuck

Of all the negative stuff I read about Ohtani today, the one thing that’s even WORSE than Ohtani’s start was the fact that the 3-8 hitters in this line up went 0-22 and 0-4 with runners in scoring position.  That is fucking pathetic, especially in a game where the Angels fought back to cut it to one.

To me, that’s a hell of a lot worse than a guy who hasn’t seen game action pitching in almost 2 years.  The middle of the line up in the first 3 games has been atrocious.  Please hurry back Rendon.

It's early, but Upton and Pujols cannot hit like this for too long.

Maybe the plan should ultimately be to, when the time is right, call up Adell to play LF and have Upton focus on part-time in LF and part-time DHing? 

Ultimately, 7/9 of the lineup will be fine (Fletch, Trout, Ohtani, and Rendon 1-4, and Castro, Goodwin, and Simba 7-9).

Spots 5 and 6 look like GAPING holes currently.

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Of all the negative stuff I read about Ohtani today, the one thing that’s even WORSE than Ohtani’s start was the fact that the 3-8 hitters in this line up went 0-22 and 0-4 with runners in scoring position.  That is fucking pathetic, especially in a game where the Angels fought back to cut it to one.

To me, that’s a hell of a lot worse than a guy who hasn’t seen game action pitching in almost 2 years.  The middle of the line up in the first 3 games has been atrocious.  Please hurry back Rendon.

Well, it was hard to look at the middle of todays lineup and expect much. Half of them are not really MLB caliber players. I expect more out of La Stella, Upton and Simmons.

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Well, it was hard to look at the middle of todays lineup and expect much. Half of them are not really MLB caliber players. I expect more out of La Stella, Upton and Simmons.

Upton always feels like a huge question mark. We know he’s going suck in the field but hope we get lucky and he hits 

27 minutes ago, cvdog said:

At this point just use this ridiculous mini season to see what you have in Adell. I don't think this gimmick experiment with Ohtani pitching will ever work. Make him an everyday DH. I still like Ward but playing Pujols most of this year will be a waste. Aside from Shohei getting lit up, our starting pitchers ( if you include Andriese) have looked good.

wtf! he's a better pitcher than he is a hitter.

Omg three games in after a huge layoff and people are ready to kick Ohtani to the curb. This guy is going to be one the best players in the league when he gets going. Put him on waivers and you’ll have 29 other teams hoping to get a chance to claim him.