Chuckster70

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (7/26/2020) Shohei Ohtani's 2020 Debut

Shohei-Ohtani-1040x572.jpg

RHP SHOHEI OHTANI (0-0, --- ERA)
Making first appearance as a pitcher since Sept. 2, 2018 at Houston...Was Angels Opening Day DH...His two career pitching starts vs. Oakland were his first two big league
pitching outings; is 2-0 with a 2.08 ERA (13 IP - 3 ER) with 18 strikeouts against the A’s...Finest pitching performance of big league career came vs. Oakland on Apr. 8, 2018
(W;7 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 12 SO) and carried a perfect game into the 7th inning...Only appearance at the Coliseum was pitching debut on Apr. 1, 2018 (W; 6 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6
SO)...Has totaled 63 strikeouts, which is an Angels record through a pitcher’s first 10 career pitching outings (needs one strikeout tomorrow to set Angels 11 game record held by Griffin Canning).

Also, here's some Ohtani 2018 pitching highlights to wet your appetite! 

Ohtani on pitching again! 

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 9.20.35 AM.png

Ed3nf6NUEAAyN4u.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 9.36.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 9.44.18 AM.png

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

last week at lunch, he couldn't hold back his excitement at returning to the mound. he could hardly finish his seaweed wrapped quinoa burger with cashew cheese.

team america vomit GIF

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My buddy is opening his Tap Room in HB today.  Not sure I’ll be able to watch the game live.  

nice! 

what time are you picking me up?

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Also you don’t drink beer.  And if you even mention that pumpkin beer I will lose your number again.

wow, what an elitest.

Unknown.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

No TV in the Tap Room? 

I believe he has two, but my understanding is it will be outdoor seating only because of the current restrictions.  I am guessing I will be able to convince him to let me turn it on and check it out casually.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I believe he has two, but my understanding is it will be outdoor seating only because of the current restrictions.  I am guessing I will be able to convince him to let me turn it on and check it out casually.  

There you go! Just take your beer inside to watch the innings Ohtani pitches! 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

last week at lunch, he couldn't hold back his excitement at returning to the mound. he could hardly finish his seaweed wrapped quinoa burger with cashew cheese.

Who can?