• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (7/26/2020) Shohei Ohtani's 2020 Debut

Chuck

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s not sarcasm the stuff looked fine.  The velocity was a little low but all we’ve read was that it’s been what we’ve come to expect.  

are we talking about movement on the fastball ? That’s never been part of the package with Ohtani. 

Were you listening on the radio?

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

Maddon was the one that said he wasn’t going to put him on a pitch count and it was cited in Jeff Fletchers article.  

Yes I know.  I just didn’t believe it.  I followed Ohtani’s progress closely for reasons I won’t discuss.  But fact is -

not good.  Was hoping for

best and he’s surprised in the past.  But frankly didn’t expect this bad.  Let’s hope he bounces back quickly. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

No I’ll watch thanks.  Sorry I’m not going to have a stroke about a tommy john guy who hasn’t pitched in 2 years having a rough first go.  Jesus cry more dude. 

You’re the one who said this season doesn’t matter... so I say to you, why bother watching. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s not sarcasm the stuff looked fine.  The velocity was a little low but all we’ve read was that it’s been what we’ve come to expect.  

are we talking about movement on the fastball ? That’s never been part of the package with Ohtani. 

Yeah, but the splitter has always been part of the package and that was...absent.

5 minutes ago, Bronson said:

If this was a regular season I wouldn’t care nearly as much. I’d just say keep working him each start. We don’t have that luxury this year. Every game matters drastically. Can’t afford to throw away games while a dude tries to find his stuff. Just keep throwing bullpen sessions and get ready next year for Ohtani pitching.

Was that how you prepared when pitching in the majors?

2 minutes ago, Hufflepuff said:

This might not be the time to be letting him regain his old form. Pretty much just took an L to see that he's not ready. 

Not sure what else they do though.He's a big part of this teams future and they need him to regain his form by making these starts. He's not gonna get back on track by throwing side sessions.

1 minute ago, eligrba4ever said:

Just saw a clip of somebody dressing the Cardboard People in red shirts.

Yeah I don't think I like that much.  For some reason people are paying good money to put cardboard cutouts of themselves in the stands.  I know I'd be annoyed if I plunked down some coin to put myself there, and someone dressed me in Tigers or Team-from-Cleveland gear.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yep, his heat combined with the splitter is the big thing for him.

Shohei's breaking ball didn't look terrible, some spots could have been called strikes on the breaking ball, his fastball was off but his velocity did start to improve (91-92 but was hitting 94-95 before he got yanked), although his control on the FB never improved. I don't think he threw a single splitter (Maybe he threw 1?) so basically what we saw was a pitcher who looked like he was in his 2nd or 3rd Spring Training start.

So in conclusion there is no conclusion.

6 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Saying Ohtani shouldn’t pitch anymore this year in a 60 game season is not overreacting. 

If the season doesn’t matter, he should absolutely be pitching. How else would he get ready for 2021? Seriously, this kind of post is the posting near-equivalent of Shohei’s game today. Unlike the above post, there is every reason to believe Ohtani will actually improve.