• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (7/26/2020) Shohei Ohtani's 2020 Debut

Chuck

4 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

Meh, Ohtani didn't get to pitch during spring training, and I don't know how much he got to pitch during summer camp, I won't start to panic until he has "forearm tightness"

This.  I’m not sure why anyone had such high expectations today.  What in the past few weeks would make you think that?  He did not look good in summer.  But give him time.  Dude is coming back from TJ.  I’ll judge him around game 4 or 5.  

Just now, bloodbrother said:

I expected him to have struggles with command but the huge drop in velo was concerning. Hit 95 MPH a couple times, but mostly sat 91-93 with his secondary stuff also lacking any sharp bite to it.

Not worried about that at all.  The reports are that his velocity is fine.  

Today is disappointing, but really it’s not that huge of a surprise.  He hasn’t pitched in 2 years.  I’m glad to see the mean bite in the split and the reports of restored velocity.  Im not tripping about the command right now.  It’ll be fine. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

It’s not that.   He simply can’t throw strikes.

Bright side, it’s not Doug White coaching the pitchers anymore.   ICWT (In Callaway We Trust)

It’s both. When he’s hitting high 90’s he can get away with being wild... you can’t when you’re hitting 92-93.

3 minutes ago, Fourts said:

This.  I’m not sure why anyone had such high expectations today.  What in the past few weeks would make you think that?  He did not look good in summer.  But give him time.  Dude is coming back from TJ.  I’ll judge him around game 4 or 5.  

I didn't expect him to look 'good' but I did expect to see him hitting 97+ on the radar gun consistently.

3 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Well... I'm pretty sure nobody expected him not to be able to register an out lol.

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I really hope that Ohtani is back in the lineup tomorrow based on his short outing. This doesn't necessarily qualify as a heavy work load today.

Question, based on 30 pitches, do you make him wait 5-6 days or get him back on the mound in 3-4 days? 

Just now, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm the least snowflakey person here. You have multiple people telling you you're being an annoying little fuck. Take a hint.

And your only response is "stop being a snow flake hurr durr."

It’s annoying because it’s not what you wanna hear.

I don’t know why anyone is surprised about this...don’t need to give the reasons why as they’ve been covered. If Ohtani is still looking like this in 2-3 months then we’ve got some legit reasons to worry. Hopefully now he’s got the nerves and jitters calmed, and he can come back next Sunday and have a better outing. 

Just now, Fourts said:

Read back.  Comments to me about madden letting canning go 90 without restrictions.  Regardless, 60-75 is very limited to me - and I pointed out that he’s been wild and it could be a short day if not under control.  30 pitches.  Very limited 

Canning and Ohtani are different people.