• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (7/26/2020) Shohei Ohtani's 2020 Debut

Chuck

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

If the season doesn’t matter, he should absolutely be pitching. How else would he get ready for 2021? Seriously, this kind of post is the posting near-equivalent of Shohei’s game today. Unlike the above post, there is every reason to believe Ohtani will actually improve. 

I don’t think the season doesn’t matter. Quite the opposite actually.

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

It’s annoying because it’s not what you wanna hear.

Or because it's reactionary. 

The guy's command was garbage and as a result he looked like he started to aim.  When you do that you tend to lose a little velocity.  Considering the time between starts and then the usual jitters......Meh.   

Anyway the longer be threw the more velocity he showed, or rather the more consistent he became with it.  The lone bright spot is the split still had a ton of break but the atrocious command meant he really didn't get into position to use it and let's be real, nobody was swinging.

Hopefully he has a short memory, just let's it rip next time.

Everyone was amped up, the results were disappointing but people can stop being Little League Dad now.

5 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

Shohei's breaking ball didn't look terrible, some spots could have been called strikes on the breaking ball, his fastball was off but his velocity did start to improve (91-92 but was hitting 94-95 before he got yanked), although his control on the FB never improved. I don't think he threw a single splitter (Maybe he threw 1?) so basically what we saw was a pitcher who looked like he was in his 2nd or 3rd Spring Training start.

So in conclusion there is no conclusion.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Bronson I like to keep these Gameday Threads fun and baseball related. If you can't banter with our members here in a friendly fashion, you may need a timeout to reevaluate how we operate here. 

I didn’t start it. Someone told me to shut up. won’t name names. You can go back and look