Sign in to follow this  
JustATroutFan

Angels' 2020 schedule features just AL and NL West teams?

Angels will play the Astros, Athletics, Rangers, Mariners, Dodgers, Padres, Giants, Diamondbacks, and Rockies this season. So we'll be able to see Trout, Rendon, and Ohtani versus Verlander, Kershaw, Greinke, Kluber, and Bumgarner. No matching up against Felix this season, sorry. 

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

Angels will play the Astros, Athletics, Rangers, Mariners, Dodgers, Padres, Giants, Diamondbacks, and Rockies this season. So we'll be able to see Trout, Rendon, and Ohtani versus Verlander, Kershaw, Greinke, Kluber, and Bumgarner. No matching up against Felix this season, sorry. 

8BAAD794-2720-47FF-B134-E395FAE34BC0.jpeg

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Not yet, we just know that it'll be 40 divisional games and the other 20 will be against the NL West.

10 each vs AL, West, 6 vs LAD, then the remaining 14 vs the rest of the NL West is what's being talked about...  Not sure why they don't just go 4 each but whatever...

9 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I'm excited, it's basically a sprint to the playoffs and something different. I would have prefered more games but I'll take 60 games over none.

Hey, it’s 44 games more than the NFL plays.

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It's nowhere nears the 108 games I was hoping for earlier in the spring, but I'll take it.  

Agree. Better than none. 

I thought for a minute that they might be so greedy that we could lose the season. 

The AL West and NL West should be its own league under this system. Guaranteed 2 division winners and one wild card with a fourth wild card coming from the best record in any 'league' (Central league, Eastern League or Western League) not making the playoffs. There is no good reason for the four wild cards to be chosen based on AL/NL structures when they don't even exist for this season. Why have the Angels and Red Sox fighting for a wild card spot when they never even play each other, or share any opponents during the season?

What a beautiful day for a ballgame Let's play 2. Ernie was right I miss the day's of doubleheaders. Only 1 thing better and that's if those games went into extra inn.