• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

1 hour ago, Tank said:

is america really a bright and cheery place right now? dallas, baton rouge, chicago . . .

I remember Obama running on hope and change,  and the Republicans lambasting him for suggesting America wasn't petfect.

It all depends upon who is in charge and who is running. 

And, as others have pointed out, imagine back in 2008, Obama accepting the nomination with his five kids by three different wives. Think the Republicans would have had anything to say about that?

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

you really think republicans thought America was perfect in 2008? 

No. But they tore into Obama for daring to suggest that it wasnt. Now they're cheering Dr. Doom.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

No. But they tore into Obama for daring to suggest that it wasnt. Now they're cheering Dr. Doom.

i think it's probably a given that whoever party is not currently holding the presidency is going to paint a bleaker picture of life in this country in the hopes of inspiring voters to think that the grass is greener on their side of the aisle. reagan ran on the premise of "are you better off now than you were four years ago?", and it worked perfectly against an incumbent who was seen as too laissez faire. obama used it very effectively in his "hope and change" campaign in '08. trump is using it in his "make america great again" campaign. 

i think it's equally true that whichever party currently occupies the presidency will have candidates that paint a picture of the country being right on course and that another four years be even better. hilary hasn't really addressed it in her slogan of "i'm with her" this year.

On 7/24/2016 at 8:44 AM, fan_since79 said:

They got the memo, then had a conference call. The Washington Post story appeared on their web site before the speech was even finished.

29uqfq9.jpg

It's just a conspiracy bro. Something something russians.

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obamas-brother-says-vote-trump-111755691.html

Obama's brother plans to vote for Trump

President Barack Obama's half-brother, Malik Obama, says he will vote for Republican nominee Donald Trump in the U.S. election in November because he likes the candidate and he is unhappy with his brother's leadership.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obamas-brother-says-vote-trump-111755691.html

Obama's brother plans to vote for Trump

President Barack Obama's half-brother, Malik Obama, says he will vote for Republican nominee Donald Trump in the U.S. election in November because he likes the candidate and he is unhappy with his brother's leadership.

Malik was the smarter brother