• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

10 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Nope he's finished. How could any other republican trust him again? 

Depends. If Trump loses in a landslide, I think Cruz comes out looking pretty good. He's taking a risk and banking on that happening, which is entirely possible.

Republicans never trusted him anyway.

Cruz is the definition of douche canoe...and I feel a little dirty even typing this about the smarmy fuck...but at least he held on to his convictions unlike folks like Rubio, Walker, Ryan, and the rest of the "support the nominee crowd"...as self serving and calculated as it probably was.

What a disaster this convention has been...they've spent the first two days dealing with plagirism and this ugly sight of people demanding their political enemies be jailed or shot for treason...night 3 goal...fix the cockup of Mike Pence roll-out...who gave a pretty good Republican speech from what I heard (the last half)...and nobody is talking about it. You control the agenda and you let Cruz up in primetime on the second biggest night of the convention without knowing what he's going to say or getting his assurance he's going to endorse Trump before confirming he's speaking in that slot. Ted, you want to speak...sign in blood this is what you are going to do. Simple enough.

But hey...it keeps folks from talking about Trumpster fire foreign policy discussion with the NY Times.

9 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

I can tell that Cruz has committed political hara kiri just by the way the libs on here have joined in a mass circle jerk over his speech. Even the Cruz supporters at the convention were taunting him and his wife.

Was it the self serving and calculated that made you think of a celebratory circle jerk? 

if cruz wasn't going to support trump, then there was no good reason to invite him to speak, especially in prime time.

we turned on abc at 8:00 last night to watch america's got talent, but pence's speech was still going on. when he finished and trump came out on stage with him. the commentators on nbc lost their mud over the fact that trump and pence didn't clasp hands and raise them over their heads together in the classic shot. they couldn't believe that trump walked off the stage, leaving pence out there to bask in the moment. they sounded like spoiled children while criticizing trump and pence for not doing what they expected.

i think trump can salvage this convention if he really delivers the mail in his speech tonight. stick to the script, show the country that you're more than a loose-lipped cannon, and show that you have something more to offer than being a giant doofus.

45 minutes ago, Adam said:

He can win Ohio, Penn and Florida. Trump can win. 

Yeah, problem for him is even with the natural boost you get from the convention and naming a VP and the best that has happened is Penn flipped from lean dem to battleground.

IIRC the effect of the political conventions have been dramatically reduced in the era of 24/7 news. I mean I guess Hillary could have an amazing speech at the convention. I suppose it's possible. But yeah it'll probably come to the two (literally) wrestling in the streets to determine the winner.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

IIRC the effect of the political conventions have been dramatically reduced in the era of 24/7 news. I mean I guess Hillary could have an amazing speech at the convention. I suppose it's possible. But yeah it'll probably come to the two (literally) wrestling in the streets to determine the winner.

The Conventions and VP announcement always carry a bump because everyone is talking about them.  It is the debates that don't really impact anything anymore.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

The Conventions and VP announcement always carry a bump because everyone is talking about them.  It is the debates that don't really impact anything anymore.

Because what's been lacking is people taking about this election so far?

9 minutes ago, nate said:

Oh, I think these presidential debates are going to be a huge factor. There will be at least three of them.