• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Restaurants are screwed.

https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-dine-in-restaurants.pdf

• Implement measures to ensure physical distancing of at least six feet between workers and customers. This can include use of physical partitions or visual cues (e.g., floor markings or signs to indicate to where employees and/or guests should stand).

Remove tables and chairs from dining areas so that six feet of physical distance can be maintained for customers and employees. If tables, chairs, booths, etc., cannot be moved, use visual cues to show that they are not available for use or install Plexiglas or other types of impermeable physical barriers to minimize exposure between customers.

Discontinue seating of customers where customers cannot maintain six feet of distance from employee work and food and drink preparation areas.

8 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Some restaurants will already be screwed because of their layout as they have space they basically can't use given the guidelines. 

Yeah, I know my pizza place is one such location.  I think they would have to take out 80% of their seats to comply.  Not that they had many seats in the first place.  Maybe 50 down to 10.  I can see them going strictly take out only, and cutting half their staff.

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, I know my pizza place is one such location.  I think they would have to take out 80% of their seats to comply.  Not that they had many seats in the first place.  Maybe 50 down to 10.  I can see them going strictly take out only, and cutting half their staff.

A lot of bar settings are going to be screwed. There's a local place we go to that has happy hour Saturday/Sunday nights in the bar only but it's almost a galley bar with two top tables about 5 feet back from the bar that are up against a wall.  They can't do anything about the wall being there as it's one side of the building.  When you walk past the bar there's a few tables but capacity in a spot like that between bar top, two tops and those tables like the location you mentioned reduces capacity in that section by about 80% and same thing with a section by the kitchen where food runners come out.  There's not enough incentive as far as future revenue for them to remodel those spaces. 

12 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

These are only guidance not law. This will most likely be dealt with at the county level. 

Which really isn’t any better.  Also my understanding is the county is allowed to have a stricter guideline for such things as the state but not a more lenient guideline.  I am not positive if that is true of this or not.  Also the court of public opinion will prevent a lot of places from taking any chances with referring to them as guidelines versus law.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Which really isn’t any better.  Also my understanding is the county is allowed to have a stricter guideline for such things as the state but not a more lenient guideline.  I am not positive if that is true of this or not.  Also the court of public opinion will prevent a lot of places from taking any chances with referring to them as guidelines versus law.  

There are already restaurants open that aren’t abiding by any of this. Bars too. 

Sure hope the younger generation learns an important lesson about government control. How quickly a two week pause has become an indefinite suspension of the constitution. Flattening the curve became a 0 case tolerance policy. California government going to crush more lives than 10 corona virus outbreaks. Worst part is all the libs going to relocate to red states and fuck them up

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

There are already restaurants open that aren’t abiding by any of this. Bars too. 

These guidelines will fall under the health department.  And they do have the power to close down and I think fine for public health.  

That's what happened to that Colorado restaurant that opened up.

I don’t know about y’all but for the most part I like to go to restaurants to socialize. This fast casual shit ain’t gonna work for places that don’t already specialize in it. No one is gonna order fucking Chili’s to go on the regular

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don’t know about y’all but for the most part I like to go to restaurants to socialize. This fast casual shit ain’t gonna work for places that don’t already specialize in it. No one is gonna order fucking Chili’s to go on the regular

They shouldn't be ordering Chili's to begin with.