• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

It's only going to get worse.  This past quarter, Shanghai was closed around late January, but the rest of the parks were open for 2.5/3 months.  Stores were open, sports were around, and other retailers with licensed products were open and selling stuff.  It's the April to June quarter that's going to suck ass financially.  Disney+ is like the only thing bringing in big revenue

Buena Vista is considered separate right? They obviously had to push back Black Widow. I'm guessing probably until next summer.

6 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

It's only going to get worse.  This past quarter, Shanghai was closed around late January, but the rest of the parks were open for 2.5/3 months.  Stores were open, sports were around, and other retailers with licensed products were open and selling stuff.  It's the April to June quarter that's going to suck ass financially.  Disney+ is like the only thing bringing in big revenue

Any insider knowledge on when Disneyland is going to reopen?

8 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Buena Vista is considered separate right? They obviously had to push back Black Widow. I'm guessing probably until next summer.

Studios gets lumped in and reported on, but don't know their specific impact.  Black Widow got pushed from April to November of this year (as of now).  The only films that came out last quarter were Onward (in theaters for about a week before the shutdown) and Mulan, whose opening date got pushed to July.

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Any insider knowledge on when Disneyland is going to reopen?

I'm not that important.  Shanghai is scheduled to open at 20% or 30% capacity next week with dated tickets/reservations.  They mentioned in the investor call yesterday that it's likely we'll see that here in the states if/when they open

11 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

And I bet you things that won't get cut.  Schools because children.  Cops because lives.  Fire because lives.  And homeless because they need housing drugs and booze.  

Everything else, you are screwed.

Edit:

Oh I forgot illegals, you can't cut them out too.

Another $6 billion in anticipated emergency spending on the coronavirus for things like protective gear, hotel rooms for the homeless and cash payments for low-income adults living in the country illegally pushes the projected deficit past $50 billion.

Edited by gotbeer

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And I bet you things that won't get cut.  Schools because children.  Cops because lives.  Fire because lives.  And homeless because they need housing drugs and booze.  

Everything else, you are screwed.

You didn't read the article.

Newsom is scheduled to reveal his new spending proposal next week. But the revenue shortfall means the state’s constitutionally required funding level for public schools and community colleges will fall by $18.3 billion.