• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Toyota Expects A Collapse

Can't imagine what the American makers balance sheets look like, if Toyota and Honda's look like that.

Saw that yesterday and eventually we'll see corporate offices cutting hours or jobs.  With consumer spending making up 70% of our GDP few industries or companies are going to come out of this without having to make cuts and changes if they make it out at all. 

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Can't imagine what the American makers balance sheets look like, if Toyota and Honda's look like that.

So are we going to bailout the auto industry again? We've already bailed out the airlines this year. I'm guessing we'll bailout BNSF and Union Pacific so we can hit the trifecta of planes, trains and automobiles.

5 hours ago, Lhalo said:

So are we going to bailout the auto industry again? We've already bailed out the airlines this year. I'm guessing we'll bailout BNSF and Union Pacific so we can hit the trifecta of planes, trains and automobiles.

AFAIK rail cars are booked to capacity, along with UPS/FedEx due to all the ecommerce shipments, etc

I had to grease the guy recently to take all my shipments of ground freight

15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Didn't watch the video but I pretty much agree with the title.

We aren't getting a cure, possibly ever. And a vaccine will take years. You just cannot keep everything closed that long. Not even close. 

Still watch it @tdawg87 when you can. 

On 5/13/2020 at 9:11 AM, gotbeer said:

Im actually set to buy a new one. Wondering if i should hold off a few more months to see if the prices come down some more. I want a 4runner and so far theyre unchanged. No deals or incentives.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im actually set to buy a new one. Wondering if i should hold off a few more months to see if the prices come down some more. I want a 4runner and so far theyre unchanged. No deals or incentives.

Might not be a bad time to buy.  Showrooms just opened up.  And with the rental car market hurting, dealers might have more incentive to unload cars.  If buying, I'd definitely do homework and go aggressive, and not be afraid to walk away if they don't meet your conditions.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:09 PM, Lhalo said:

What about the pillow industry?

7 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Bob Michele J. P. Morgan’s top management CIO says it will take 10-12 years for the U.S. to return to pre-pandemic employment levels. 

I mean sure, why not? The unemployment levels were fantastic before the pandemic. But it won't take long for it to get under 10%.

Also he not only has 2 first names, he has a male first name and a female last (first) name. He's probably a terrorist.