• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

The stimulus checks are sent out based on priority.  Income and age, with higher age/lower income combination getting it first.  So in your case, you probably are deep down in the last categories for getting a check.

As for your tax refund.  Sorry, I stole it from your mailbox and cashed it.  But yeah, you should have already gotten it.  Did you get one and not the other?  

No, i havent gotten either.

The stimulus i dont thinking get, because im working and have no kids. But the tax return im jonesing for, have some things to pay off. I claim zero all year and have extra money taken out each check so that i get a return to pay off christmas. 

Not so much this year....

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Franklin Bluth said:

I wonder if you entered your direct deposit info incorrectly.

I do it old fashioned and get a check, so im sure thats the hold up. I think i screwed up and mailed it in juuuust as covidmania started, so it probably arrived to an empty IRS office and is sitting in a pile until they come back to work.

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The stimulus i dont thinking get, because im working and have no kids. But the tax return im jonesing for, have some things to pay off. I claim zero all year and have extra money taken out each check so that i get a return to pay off christmas. 

I think you can log into the IRS website, and check on the status of your refund.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

My wife and I got a pro rated stimulus check and our first tax return in about 15 years. I did help out some family that aren't working and I supported my local gun shop and made sure my lib family and friends knew about that purchase. Now I know why Trump trolls so much. It's kind of fun at times. 

12 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I do it old fashioned and get a check, so im sure thats the hold up. I think i screwed up and mailed it in juuuust as covidmania started, so it probably arrived to an empty IRS office and is sitting in a pile until they come back to work.

I get a check also for taxes.

Took a long time to get our stimulus check. 

Edited by Redondo

43 minutes ago, Adam said:

We got our $100 last week. Was really hoping the Trump sig was gonna be on it. Was disappointed that it was just printed randomly on the bottom

I got some IRS letter in the mail yesterday signed by him. Even though it's printed I framing that shit 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

I got some IRS letter in the mail yesterday signed by him. Even though it's printed I framing that shit 

We got the same letter. Not sure why it came two weeks after the stimulus check, but not complaining.

22 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

What's another 1400 jobs gone from Calolfornia.

Stitch Fix is laying off 1,400 employees in California, and plans to hire in lower-cost U.S. cities

This might be the biggest casualty of the Rona.  With everyone working at home, why pay Calolfornia prices when you can get cheaper across the nation.

We look at the numbers too. We pay entry level hourly support staff $17-$22/hour F/T. Could pay $12-$15 elsewhere and with cost of living the employees would be fine. But, we love our people and we can still charge our clients enough. 

I have had a number of clients leave California over the years. It isn’t just the cost of labor - it’s the cost of litigation. Employment litigation runs rampant in California because the state legislators and judges do nothing but make litigation more and more lucrative for plaintiff attorneys (the legislature, in particular). And then the politicians scratch their heads and stupidly question why businesses are leaving. 

7 hours ago, wopphil said:

I have had a number of clients leave California over the years. It isn’t just the cost of labor - it’s the cost of litigation. Employment litigation runs rampant in California because the state legislators and judges do nothing but make litigation more and more lucrative for plaintiff attorneys (the legislature, in particular). And then the politicians scratch their heads and stupidly question why businesses are leaving. 

I think last year we spent $180K in legal. All but $30k was California Based and California is only 10% of our business.

23 hours ago, calscuf said:

I don't know about things like discrimination and wrongful termination, but the CA workers' comp laws are seriously skewed in favor of employers and have been for about 15 years.

If you don't believe me, get hurt on the job. 

Before my current gig - helping mafuckas skirt ui, wc and other w2 related requirements, I worked for a legal copy service. I had a database full of low life scumbag pieces of shit who had filed dozens of WC claims against dozens of companies. Can't be all that employer friendly. 

52 minutes ago, calscuf said:

You’re going to have to trust me.  Anyone can file as many claims as they want.  Whether they’re compensable is up to evaluating physicians which the injured workers have very little control over.  For those genuinely injured which is probably like 99% of claims filed, the system is completely stacked against them.  If you have a bullshit claim you likely won’t get much or anything and you could be prosecuted.

However, it should be noted that   In 2005, Schwarzenegger made huge changes to the comp system that resulted in less benefits to injured workers and should have saved employers millions.  When those savings weren’t materializing they found out the insurance companies were basically pocketing the savings as profit. So, yeah.

I will trust you. I always settle those things before they get too far

• 2 weeks later...