• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And I bet you things that won't get cut.  Schools because children.  Cops because lives.  Fire because lives.  And homeless because they need housing drugs and booze.  

Everything else, you are screwed.

The crazy train will continue to be funded.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

You didn't read the article.

Newsom is scheduled to reveal his new spending proposal next week. But the revenue shortfall means the state’s constitutionally required funding level for public schools and community colleges will fall by $18.3 billion.

Good luck in that.  He will find ways to fund the schools somehow, even if it goes against the constitution.  

On the bright side, hopefully this means the crazy train dies.  

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Good luck in that.  He will find ways to fund the schools somehow, even if it goes against the constitution.  

On the bright side, hopefully this means the crazy train dies.  

Damn that Newsom, and his school funding! Brian was right, this dude is Hitler.

CA is going to attempt to reclassify all rideshare and delivery app drivers as employees. Making them employees would be huge dollars to the State. But it won't work. I know executives within all of the big companies and they will all leave CA. So it will add to joblessness and create a bigger budget shortfall. 

33 minutes ago, Adam said:

CA is going to attempt to reclassify all rideshare and delivery app drivers as employees. Making them employees would be huge dollars to the State. But it won't work. I know executives within all of the big companies and they will all leave CA. So it will add to joblessness and create a bigger budget shortfall. 

I hope so. What else will cause the voters and politicians here to wake up?

Just now, Jason said:

I hope so. What else will cause the voters and politicians here to wake up?

The whole battle between the companies and the state is the croniest shit you could imagine. 

the legislators are largely beholden to banks and insurance companies and all the big gig companies could have gotten AB5 exemptions if they agreed to carry 5x the insurance they currently carry. 

has nothing to do with the workers at all.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

18 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Math can't work. Those companies lose money already. Fewer drivers would want to do it once they experience tax withholdings. Those who do, will be far less productive because they can milk clock. 

To afford WC coverage alone, these companies would have to price the service to a point that no one would pay for it.

I use the same labor firm(s) and lobbyists as they do. They can't operate with W2s

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Math can't work. Those companies lose money already. Fewer drivers would want to do it once they experience tax withholdings. Those who do, will be far less productive because they can milk clock. 

To afford WC coverage alone, these companies would have to price the service to a point that no one would pay for it.

I use the same labor firm(s) and lobbyists as they do. They can't operate with W2s

If Uber pulls out of California they will be replaced by someone who can actually run a business.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If Uber pulls out of California they will be replaced by someone who can actually run a business.

Maybe. 

Uber isn't going to pull out anytime soon. They'll prolong this lawsuit as long as possible, wait for the ballot measure in November and for the challenges to that to be adjudicated as well. 

This is what Californians will be voting on in Nov

https://protectdriversandservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Protect-App-Based-Drivers-Services-Act_Annotated.pdf

6 hours ago, Lou said:

It's almost time to move

Been looking at listings on Zillow for out of state retirement property. Prop 13 is the last reason to stay in California and since we've proven I can work remotely from an off site location, that location doesn't have to be here.

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Been looking at listings on Zillow for out of state retirement property. Prop 13 is the last reason to stay in California and since we've proven I can work remotely from an off site location, that location doesn't have to be here.

My parents live in Colorado, and my in-laws now live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Your money goes a lot further in both of those places.