• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

As much as I value the concept of higher education, colleges need to be taken to task for how they exploit students with ridiculous costs. This is just as ridiculous as cruise lines getting bailed out.

When my stepdaughter (graduating from veterinary school next month, and already a licensed veterinarian, thank you) began her freshman year at the University of Nevada, freshmen were required to live in the dorms, at a cost of $10K per year. Tell me that it costs the university $20K per room per year to operate a dormitory that was paid for years ago.

Even with that, there was no mail delivery to the dorms. Students who wanted mail delivery had to pay for a post office box at the post office.

8 min ago

Deal has been reached on small business relief package, sources say

From CNN's Manu Raju and Lauren Fox 

Negotiations are done and a deal has been reached on a bill that includes new funding for small businesses hurt by the coronavirus outbreak, three sources familiar tell CNN. 

The text of the bill should be out soon as the two

13 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

8 min ago

Deal has been reached on small business relief package, sources say

From CNN's Manu Raju and Lauren Fox 

Negotiations are done and a deal has been reached on a bill that includes new funding for small businesses hurt by the coronavirus outbreak, three sources familiar tell CNN. 

The text of the bill should be out soon as the two

I'm excited for McDonald's and Wal-Mart to get their piece of the pie.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

stopped reading at "go"

i'll tell ya, if you're looking for something your grandma used to make, this isn't it. but if you want something good, this will fill that need. it's very tasty.

A question I have been asking people is:

Which is the worst scenario?    Gradually opening things up come early-mid May (like having every other table occupied in restaurants), and see what happens with the weather warming up?   Or stay mainly shut down for a year, and have Great Depression 2 of our minds/health and money wise, which in turn could lead to a lot of deaths in its' own right?     Problem is, both sides only see it their way, and no fair compromise seems possible.

Does Dr. Fauci really think the ENTIRE country needs to be tested before opening up the country?    He is well respected, but can't we get a good feel for things if even 1/4 of the country (throughout the 50 states) is tested?

In the CoVid thread, Chuck brought up a great point (and thank you to the author for that article) about fresh air and exercise.   

People say that staying indoors will keep people healthy.    But, if they stay inside, they could become obese from lack of fresh air and exercise and overeating.   That in turn could lead to other life endangering health issues.

21 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'll be receiving a stipend of $300 a week through my work. It isn't much but it's $600 extra every paycheck.

That's pretty significant. You can pay down the debt you have from financing hookers.