• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

On a completely serious note, are any of you really struggling with this either personally or on the work front?  Is it causing you any dark moments or just overwhelmed you at work?  Both?  I have no idea if this is the right Covid-19 thread to ask that question, but figured I would ask it.  I am seldom overwhelmed, but man has it been tough.  

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

On a completely serious note, are any of you really struggling with this either personally or on the work front?  Is it causing you any dark moments or just overwhelmed you at work?  Both?  I have no idea if this is the right Covid-19 thread to ask that question, but figured I would ask it.  I am seldom overwhelmed, but man has it been tough.  

Definitely weird. I don't know if I am overwhelmed. Just feels super weird. I imagine it is only going to get more weird with restaurants and everything shutting down. What's In N Out doing? You guys staying open? 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yes. I have had some moments in the last week unlike any the rest of my 50 years. I am not really scared of dying or getting sick, but so unsure of how the world will look if this goes on for two, three, six months. 

35 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I went to in n out today. How bout letting us unwrap our own straws?

Highly recommend Five Guys, Jeff, they won't just automatically rip the straw's personal protective equipment off and they will even serve you awesome fries with your great burger without that elitist @Stradling attitude! 😄

Is the higher price not worth your health and safety? 😄

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I didn’t think about till after they did it and was driving away. But next time I will. 

Still seems like maybe something that could just be a company wide policy these days. 

We don’t come in contact with the straw, we twist the paper off and put the straw in the drink.   

Isn't it strange how something so miniscule can have such an enormous and far-reaching impact? The virus itself isn't all that scary tbh -- we aren't talking blood spouting from every pore a la Outbreak (trending on Netflix). But its impact on the economy in particular is staggering. And the short amount of time that everything has ground to a halt is mind numbing.

Usually, when I am overwhelmed by something, I take solace in sports; but even those are gone. We are living in a period that will be a chapter in a history book/iPad.history.folder and our world will never be the same. All because of something that can be spread through a droplet. That is what is overwhelming to me. 

It's really nice to have a forum and community to talk sports or...anything really...and cloak myself in some semblance of normalcy for a minute, maybe two before my home schooled children need a snack, my 5-month old needs to be held, or a new work crisis pops up that I need to snuff out from the interwebs all while doing the foregoing. 

So, thanks for the outlet, the Angels updates, and keeping the In-N-Out drive thru open. I'm still hoping that the Halo doctors will diagnose this as dehydration and we will be back on the field by Opening Day!

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

Mixed

Were short staffed, everyone is on standby to move into work, but we are all standing by to get quarantined at the same time. Guys with families are scared to take it home.

Crazy people are getting stupider. Cant find TP, but heroin is still out there. So yay the market.

Both my gyms are closed, and all my bars... my sanctuaries away from work are no more.

Im going to get sick of my significant other pretty quick I assume (and vice versa).

Had to do CPR on a kid today... and first thing youre thinking is "what do you mean hes been sick?"....

If i get a day off this week ill probably let the PTSD kick in, get drunk at home, pull all the appliances out and boot camp clean everything.

I work in a training center for a military that is in active combat. We're doing full days. We told all the students to bring their helmets and gloves because we're not touching the headsets. If anyone coughs I kick them out on the spot. Nobody wants to argue with the grumpy old white dude

I went to the grocery last night and there were a few produce items that I didn't see but the shelves were all fully stocked for the most part. No decent popcorn but I'll survive on the crappy stuff for a while. I now have a 3 month supply of coffee, 20 kilos of rice, plenty of other dried foods.  About 70/30 mask vs no mask. I carry a mask but never put it on. I wiped down my trolley with alcohol wipes before I used it, changed clothes when I got home, sanitized my hands several times. I told my houseboy to stay the hell out until further notice. Traffic on the way to work this morning was about half of normal