• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

40 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats why this "wash your hands" thing is no big deal to me. Every time I run into one of the bosses at work and have to shake a hand, Im like that pawnee indian in Dances with Wolves that touches Timmons' blanket, smells his hands, makes a face like "eww", then cleans his hands off with dirt.

(I really hope someone gets that reference. Great movie)

It was an award-winning movie. That being said I never watched it. 😄

44 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats why this "wash your hands" thing is no big deal to me. Every time I run into one of the bosses at work and have to shake a hand, Im like that pawnee indian in Dances with Wolves that touches Timmons' blanket, smells his hands, makes a face like "eww", then cleans his hands off with dirt.

(I really hope someone gets that reference. Great movie)

Those assholes still took his mules.

To go back to Strad's question, about how this is effecting you.

My agency is essentially downplaying it all.... "business as usual".... while every agency around us is the opposite. Theyre predicting upwards of 80 percent of us and fire to contract it.... but weve changed nothing. No contingency. Thats not sitting well down on the worker bee level. Theyre saying "use caution", but otherwise, "glove up, youll be fine". 

Compounding that is the public is still calling us for stupid shit (I was driving by, and this annoyed me, send the police) and we are still going. And the transients are getting more and more brazen, taking advantage of it all.

Took just about the gnarliest suicide attempt in years earlier today. Both arms filet'd, wirh tje muscles falling out. The missing parts and cut looked like buffalo bill from silence of the lambs. Sliced throat, and hari kiri attempt to the stomach.... had to pull him out of the riverbed, which is full of rain water, to put three tourniquets on him. Got into a fight yesterday in the rain, so Im stuck wearing my last uniform, and I soaked it from the knees down in the riverbed, with some blood everywhere to boot. Still in the same socks, boots and pants right now.

And down to the ending of my hand sanitizer, which I had before this thing broke out.

Going from that call, to the drunk asshole telling everyone he wants to die (because hes drunk), so we have to 5150 him. Then he wants to fight, and at the ER, being belligerent with all the staff and us, while surrounded by all the people in there for legit reasons, and cant get him to shut up.

Then eavesdropping with the Docs, as they were segregating one half of the ward from the other, for their covid ward... and listening to one doc, who seemed kind of anxious, saying "ok, thats phase 1, what happens at phase 2 when this is full?" And nobody really having an answer....

My partner almost shot someone earlier, breaking into a house with a knife, and the person calling inside, hiding under a bed.... i got there when the bad guy was already being proned out, so missed the adrenaline part of it. But trying to get there to help is always a stresser.

Been that kind of day. As I said earlier, looking forward to my jail workouts at home on my days off, and boot camp field day'ing behind the appliances. Only 4 more hours until a shower and dry docks.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

My agency is essentially downplaying it all.... "business as usual".... while every agency around us is the opposite. Theyre predicting upwards of 80 percent of us and fire to contract it.... but weve changed nothing. No contingency. Thats not sitting well down on the worker bee level. Theyre saying "use caution", but otherwise, "glove up, youll be fine". 

Compounding that is the public is still calling us for stupid shit (I was driving by, and this annoyed me, send the police) and we are still going. And the transients are getting more and more brazen, taking advantage of it all.

Took just about the gnarliest suicide attempt in years earlier today. Both arms filet'd, wirh tje muscles falling out. The missing parts and cut looked like buffalo bill from silence of the lambs. Sliced throat, and hari kiri attempt to the stomach.... had to pull him out of the riverbed, which is full of rain water, to put three tourniquets on him. Got into a fight yesterday in the rain, so Im stuck wearing my last uniform, and I soaked it from the knees down in the riverbed, with some blood everywhere to boot. Still in the same socks, boots and pants right now.

And down to the ending of my hand sanitizer, which I had before this thing broke out.

Going from that call, to the drunk asshole telling everyone he wants to die (because hes drunk), so we have to 5150 him. Then he wants to fight, and at the ER, being belligerent with all the staff and us, while surrounded by all the people in there for legit reasons, and cant get him to shut up.

Then eavesdropping with the Docs, as they were segregating one half of the ward from the other, for their covid ward... and listening to one doc, who seemed kind of anxious, saying "ok, thats phase 1, what happens at phase 2 when this is full?" And nobody really having an answer....

My partner almost shot someone earlier, breaking into a house with a knife, and the person calling inside, hiding under a bed.... i got there when the bad guy was already being proned out, so missed the adrenaline part of it. But trying to get there to help is always a stresser.

Been that kind of day. As I said earlier, looking forward to my jail workouts at home on my days off, and boot camp field day'ing behind the appliances. Only 4 more hours until a shower and dry docks.

I got a pretty mean paper cut today. 

Stop whining.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

See, thats the thing. Light well is supposed to be firm yet flexible. Yours came out solid. 

Freakin INO fries, man.

INO fries are NOT a steak! You order a nice ribeye and you can choose it to be bloody, rare, medium rare, medium, well done, etc., because it is a prime cut of delicious beef!

You don't order a POS the same way as a ribeye! 😄 If you are going to order fries, get some that are right just the way they come out of the damn fryer! 😄

2 minutes ago, ettin said:

INO fries are NOT a steak! You order a nice ribeye and you can choose it to be bloody, rare, medium rare, medium, well done, etc., because it is a prime cut of delicious beef!

You don't order a POS the same way as a ribeye! 😄 If you are going to order fries, get some that are right just the way they come out of the damn fryer! 😄

I really don't want to know how you order a POS.