• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

42 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

It's different at first. You'll still want a real cigarette the first week,but once you get used to it, it's so much better. It's cheaper, doesn't smell, and you don't have to go outside. I'm not one of those guys that blows the giant vape smoke, I actually turn it on it's lowest setting. 

yes i might give it try while im on lockdown. 

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thats why this "wash your hands" thing is no big deal to me. Every time I run into one of the bosses at work and have to shake a hand, Im like that pawnee indian in Dances with Wolves that touches Timmons' blanket, smells his hands, makes a face like "eww", then cleans his hands off with dirt.

(I really hope someone gets that reference. Great movie)

It’s about damn time you picked a proper movie.

5 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Also check, some stores are opening the first hour for just the elderly.

Yep.

"Beginning Thursday, stores will be open from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. local time. Stores that open later than 7 a.m. will continue their regular starting hours, Walmart said Wednesday night.

From March 24 through April 28, Walmart's 5,000-plus U.S. stores will host an hour-long senior shopping event every Tuesday for customers 60 and older, which will start one hour before stores open.

In addition to limits on paper products, stores will have limits on milk, eggs, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, water, diapers, wipes, formula and baby food, Dacona Smith, executive vice president and chief operating officer,"

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Yep.

"Beginning Thursday, stores will be open from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. local time. Stores that open later than 7 a.m. will continue their regular starting hours, Walmart said Wednesday night.

From March 24 through April 28, Walmart's 5,000-plus U.S. stores will host an hour-long senior shopping event every Tuesday for customers 60 and older, which will start one hour before stores open.

In addition to limits on paper products, stores will have limits on milk, eggs, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, water, diapers, wipes, formula and baby food, Dacona Smith, executive vice president and chief operating officer,"

Why would I want a even one, "Dacona Smith"?  Hmmm...well I could use someone in charge of the finances, I suppose. And she might know how to keep my adult children working consistently around the house without a break or lunch.

12 hours ago, Lou said:

"Major League Baseball is considering the idea of abandoning both the 2020 draft and the upcoming international signing period due to the coronavirus, sources told Ronald Blum of The Associated Press.

Skipping both events would help the league save money while games are paused during the ongoing pandemic, according to Blum.

Any decision would need to be made in conjunction with the MLB Players Association. Discussions between the league and union are ongoing."

Thank God MLB has finally figured out how to help the Astros avoid some of the imposed sanctions.

So this morning I decided to buy some vitamin C at Rite Aid. Simple.

With approximately 10 people behind me, I had one of those rare coughing fits you get when you get a tickle in your throat. The clerk kept telling me about her dog who had just had a puppy who died, all while I'm coughing my guts out, tears running down my face. She asked me if I wanted to buy a bag, and all I could do was nod.

When I turned around to leave, I could tell everyone was standing back (which I would've done) from me. 

So embarrassed.