• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

On a completely serious note, are any of you really struggling with this either personally or on the work front?  Is it causing you any dark moments or just overwhelmed you at work?  Both?  I have no idea if this is the right Covid-19 thread to ask that question, but figured I would ask it.  I am seldom overwhelmed, but man has it been tough.  

There are moments when it all feels overwhelming because of the uncertainty. It's just not something any of us probably ever imagined. Like others, I wonder about the long term impact on multiple levels.

My wife and I had dinner at a restaurant Sunday night and I now wonder when we will get to do something as simple as that again.

I think about how it impacts kids.  How some of them won't have a Senior Prom or a chance to walk for graduation. I think about those who have planned weddings, and even funerals.  I think about those who work in "non-essential" jobs that have closed down, etc.

I'm not afraid of catching the virus (well, maybe a little), but I certainly don't want to give it to anyone else who might be compromised. I get a little angry when I see the beaches in Florida packed with people.

There are a wide variety of thoughts going through my head all the time.

I haven't felt much like talking baseball.  I come here for some of a little levity most of the time.

2 hours ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

The full 20 page report is linked, but tweets summarize the gist of it. Worth checking out to understand what's to come.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremycyoung/status/1239975682643357696?fbclid=IwAR1nTOx5-eJjDI2OsVC6qOtDTbzzE7AEb2sdIcCzv2G2vlBi1duY288Cb9s

That was extremely sobering...

6 minutes ago, True Grich said:

There are moments when it all feels overwhelming because of the uncertainty. It's just not something any of us probably ever imagined. Like others, I wonder about the long term impact on multiple levels.

My wife and I had dinner at a restaurant Sunday night and I now wonder when we will get to do something as simple as that again.

I think about how it impacts kids.  How some of them won't have a Senior Prom or a chance to walk for graduation. I think about those who have planned weddings, and even funerals.  I think about those who work in "non-essential" jobs that have closed down, etc.

I'm not afraid of catching the virus (well, maybe a little), but I certainly don't want to give it to anyone else who might be compromised. I get a little angry when I see the beaches in Florida packed with people.

There are a wide variety of thoughts going through my head all the time.

I haven't felt much like talking baseball.  I come here for some of a little levity most of the time.

Yea, we had dinner at our favorite restaurant on Saturday night for my birthday and I don’t think that will happen again for awhile.  I enjoy taking my wife out for dinner even if it is something simple, because it is time away from the house for her, where she takes care of the grand baby.  Also, my wife has the occasional wedding that she does, and we had one scheduled at the house the day after opening day, and that was cancelled.  I can’t imagine what it is like for the couple that had to cancel/postpone their wedding or what it is like for the kids that don’t get to play ball their senior year, or go to prom or graduate.  Very sad.

For me, it's about the unknown.  Still no diagnosed cases in our county, though i know there are likely many infected.  Currently, my biggest loss is baseball seasons for my kids (still not cancelled, but the writing is on the wall).  I know that events are likely to happen to make me change my perspective.  

Ill say this, to cheer us all up.

The boss I by far cant stand the most (like, you always hope a bear escapes from the zoo, and mistakes his groin for a pic-i-nic basket hate) is retiring tomorrow.

Which is already great.

But the lineup we're usually forced to do, to get a group picture w the guy retiring, with handshakes and all that stuff, got cancelled because of all this.

So, this virus is horrible. But, it did bring a sliver of good. Id much rather be getting my hand dirty because of no tp to wipe my own ass than shake bare hands with that piece of shit.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Id much rather be getting my hand dirty because of no tp to wipe my own ass than shake bare hands with that piece of shit.

Isn't that the same thing?

My daughter was scheduled to have her wedding at South Coast Winery on April 4th.  She and her fiancee had been planning this along with my wife for over a year.

South Coast called her on Monday to inform her the wedding will be cancelled.  And due to an already booked schedule, the chances of her having a wedding at their venue in the near future is very slim unless you plan on waiting over a year.

Needless to say Monday was a crummy day.

1 hour ago, yvangelfan said:

Stater Bros in my town of Yucca Valley is guarding toilet paper and paper towels. You get to choose one.

I wondered if the "yv" in your name stood for Yucca Valley. My wife lived there through her elementary school years.

1 minute ago, ettin said:

Sounds like you have lived through multiple pandemics! 😄

Thats why this "wash your hands" thing is no big deal to me. Every time I run into one of the bosses at work and have to shake a hand, Im like that pawnee indian in Dances with Wolves that touches Timmons' blanket, smells his hands, makes a face like "eww", then cleans his hands off with dirt.

(I really hope someone gets that reference. Great movie)