• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Coronavirus Impact

kevinb

17 minutes ago, calscuf said:

You smugly poo-poo’d someone for being concerned about something that likely will be one of the major struggles and memories in the lifetimes of everyone that survives it and you think a little “my bad” is going to get you off the hook? 

It definitely will be remember. But 5 years from now will we be like holy hell wtf happened? Why did we freak out? Or will people be saying phew? I personally think it’ll be somewhere in the middle. This whole thing is absolutely nuts though. I’m astonished how much ish this virus has caused. The markets dropped a gazillion points. All sports concerts and events have been cancelled and people are acting like the worlds gonna end. When the vaccine actually is here and everything goes back to normal. Will the next random virus in a couple years do the same exact thing? Because the one before this didn’t ... who the fuck knows. Everything’s on the table now. 

22 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

That's weird. Typically if someone is sent home because they've come in contact with someone who was infected everyone gets sent home and tested before going back. 

That co-worker has told me that his wife and himself will not get tested until they exhibit symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Overall this isn't helpful to me or anyone in my office.... 😞

Honestly they are telling all of us to take our computers home with us in case a decision is made to keep us all out of the office for an extended period of time.

21 hours ago, calscuf said:

Blarg remember when you thought FS was blowing a nothing story out of proportion?  Man, those were better times.

Stop attacking people here all the time. Don't you have anything better to contribute? So tiresome to keep picking away at this. Just about everyone did not foresee the extent of this. Big deal. Let's move on.

12 hours ago, RendZone said:

Canceling the Masters golf tournament really sucks big time. I hope they can reschedule it.

Once things get back in the normal range they’ll reschedule this. It may end up being the only major of the year depending on how long things last. 
I’m sure they won’t have any issue cancelling the quad cities open to play at Augusta.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

Once things get back in the normal range they’ll reschedule this. It may end up being the only major of the year depending on how long things last. 
I’m sure they won’t have any issue cancelling the quad cities open to play at Augusta.

I hope you’re right. I always look forward to that tournament. 

5 hours ago, Keener said:

Both sons' (high school, minors little league) baseball seasons are on hold.  Cannot even practice until first week of April.  I get why, but it sucks.  Hopefully they will find a way to get close to full seaons in.

NCAA baseball cancelled too. They added an extra year of eligibility to affected players.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's no baseball until June.

11 hours ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

NCAA baseball cancelled too. They added an extra year of eligibility to affected players.

This is going to result in a really odd MLB Draft this year.  Scouting staffs having to make their rankings based on very limited viewings.  Increased risk of draft-eligible college juniors not signing to return to college for a full (repeated) junior year.  The "cheap sign" college seniors will be non-existent this year.

On the other hand, it could be marginally easier to sign away some high school players from a college commit.  HS grads going in next spring as freshmen trying to make a roster will be up against a 5 year age group of players for likely the same number of roster spots.

Also sets up the 2021 Draft to be one of the deepest drafts ever.

Edited by Lazorko Saves