• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Yes, but:

On 9/24/2020 at 10:19 AM, Lhalo said:

Maybe if we followed their model we'd be on the recovery instead of slowly dragging this nonsense out doomer.

27 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Doesn’t the sheriff only police non-incorporated areas?  So isn’t this (and the Riverside sheriff) response kind of pointless?

@ten ocho recon scout?

No. They are contracted out as law enforcement for many cities throughout the county. For instance there is no Aliso Viejo PD. The sheriff fulfills the roll. 

28 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Doesn’t the sheriff only police non-incorporated areas?  So isn’t this (and the Riverside sheriff) response kind of pointless?

@ten ocho recon scout?

Sheriff will patrol any areas it's contracted to police.  Where some cities have their own police force, some cities contract with the county sheriff to police their area.  Also, sheriff is contracted to patrol things like bus and train lines I believe.  courthouses also are patrol by sheriff I think also.  At least the federal courthouse in LA had sheriff and not LAPD.

Just now, Taylor said:

Sheriffs are elected officials. Just as disengenous as Gavin Newsom.

The head of the Sheriffs department is an elected official to represent their county. The Chief of police is appointed by the mayor. Which do you think has more independence of command over other elected officials? 

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The head of the Sheriffs department is an elected official to represent their county. The Chief of police is appointed by the mayor. Which do you think has more independence of command over other elected officials? 

Let me consult my education and my wife and I'll get back to you.

i mentioned last week that my daughter works with someone who has been sick and was going to get tested. the lady's husband tested positive and we are now waiting for the lady's test results. if she tests positive, then that means my daughter has been exposed, and therefore my wife and i have been exposed.

should know more tomorrow. expect we'll be getting tested sometime this week, just in case.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i mentioned last week that my daughter works with someone who has been sick and was going to get tested. the lady's husband tested positive and we are now waiting for the lady's test results. if she tests positive, then that means my daughter has been exposed, and therefore my wife and i have been exposed.

should know more tomorrow. expect we'll be getting tested sometime this week, just in case.

Unfortunately I don't pray but I do hope everything is ok. I'm sure it will be.

13 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

More than half of FDNY say they’ll refuse COVID-19 vaccine

The FDNY announced last week it would not make the vaccine mandatory for its members, a policy expected to be followed by all city agencies and even hospitals."

https://nypost.com/2020/12/05/these-nyc-first-responders-fear-covid-19-vaccine-side-effects/

I don't blame them.  I wouldn't want to be first on a rushed through experimental vaccine either.  

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Praying Tank.  

California law defines “lynching” as the crime of removing someone from the lawful custody of a peace officer by means of a riot, according to California Penal Code 405a.

That's not lynching you fucking dipshits. 

Lynching: to put to death (as by hanging) by mob action without legal approval or permission.

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

California law defines “lynching” as the crime of removing someone from the lawful custody of a peace officer by means of a riot, according to California Penal Code 405a.

That's not lynching you fucking dipshits. 

Lynching: to put to death (as by hanging) by mob action without legal approval or permission.

That’s what I thought too. I was surprised at what CA describes as lynching.