• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020/12/03/governor-gavin-newsom-scott-jones/

War Of Words Between Gov. Gavin Newsom And Sacramento Sheriff Scott Jones

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Gov. Gavin Newsom sparked a war of words with Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones Thursday.

Jones tested positive for the virus this week and has refused to enforce the governor’s coronavirus orders. Without saying his name, Newsom took a jab at the sheriff during his press conference.

“A few folks that just don’t, some just don’t necessarily believe this is a serious pandemic still, which is just remarkable. Some that have expressed that actually tragically have come down with COVID themselves,” Newsom said.

On Facebook Thursday, Sheriff Jones responded saying “While I remain in quarantine, there seem to be those (including from the Governor’s press conference today) who can’t resist connecting my contraction of Covid with my official position of not utilizing armed officers to enforce emergency or other orders. Two distinct things.”

I'm not going to post the entire statement by the sheriff but he brings up a lot of points that the Governor can't justify with mandates with neither actual law or guidelines along with manpower to follow through with. It takes about three minutes to read his statements which puts a perspective to the law enforcement end that is ignored. 

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Sherriff should have just said, upon further review of the evidence, it has been shown that you violated coronavirus orders by having a gathering indoors at the French Laundry.  A warrant will be put out for your arrest.

Why give him any notice, just arrest him the next time he takes the podium for a live press conference. 

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Did you have to pay for it?

Just my $40 co-pay. The one we went to was a little trailer in the parking lot of the mall here. Made an appointment 10 minutes prior to arriving. So the process was pretty easy. 

4 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Just my $40 co-pay. The one we went to was a little trailer in the parking lot of the mall here. Made an appointment 10 minutes prior to arriving. So the process was pretty easy. 

That is ok I guess.  My test was free but it did take 2 days to get the results 

one of my co-workers is getting tested today. she's been sick for a week. her mother works with my daughter, and the mom is also getting tested today. if they test positive, then my daughter has been exposed to the virus, which means my wife and i have been exposed to it. hoping for the best for all of us.

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

That is ok I guess.  My test was free but it did take 2 days to get the results 

They have some free ones around.  This was just more convenient to make sure it was safe to drop him back off. 

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

one of my co-workers is getting tested today. she's been sick for a week. her mother works with my daughter, and the mom is also getting tested today. if they test positive, then my daughter has been exposed to the virus, which means my wife and i have been exposed to it. hoping for the best for all of us.

I firmly believe that most of us here have been exposed to it by now 

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

I firmly believe that most of us here have been exposed to it by now 

Could very well be.  I had a nasty something in February that I chalked up to the flu that could have been the rona.  I'm sure most people haven't gotten an antibody test to see if they've had it.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Could very well be.  I had a nasty something in February that I chalked up to the flu that could have been the rona.  I'm sure most people haven't gotten an antibody test to see if they've had it.

Same thing for me at the end of a cruise in January. I think it's too late now for me to get an antibody test. It would be really nice to know for sure though.

14 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Yes, but have you been exposed at a level that would cause infection?

It's honestly not likely, but certainly possible.

Who knows? I guess it’s similar to how many times during the normal flu season we are exposed to it but our body’s immune system fights it off. It seems rather difficult to avoid it at this point