• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Los Angeles mayor tells residents to ‘cancel everything’ as city nears ‘devastating tipping point’

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/los-angeles-mayor-tells-residents-to-cancel-everything-as-city-nears-devastating-tipping-point-11607006449?mod=home-page

“Don’t meet up with others outside your household. Don’t host a gathering. Don’t attend a gathering,” the mayor said Wednesday night. “And following our targeted Safer at Home order, if you’re able to stay home, stay home.”

Does this mean cancelling the paying of my taxes? 

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

My Sister-In-Law has it now. She lives in Long Beach.

This is the first I have heard of a family member becoming infected.

She suspects she caught it from her husband who likes to frequent bars around town and hang out with his barfly buddies.

He's actually a super-nice dude, just not particularly smart. Great Brother-In-Law.

This has been a crazy year. After the first month or so, I got acclimated to remote work stuff. I have been so busy at work that I haven't really been inconvenienced much by the lockdowns and no one close to me has gotten sick. I really just feel bad for our kids. Can't take them to amusement parks or sporting events or restaurants. But they're having a blast doing other things and really seem to be doing well. I'm just fortunate and glad we haven't been financially impacted at all. I feel terrible for a few of my friends and everyone else who have been crushed financially.

Same here, I've been fortunate.

I have been working from home for a few years now, so that wasn't a change for me. We took a 15% pay cut for 3 months, but since then our pay has been restored and the company actually reimbursed us for the temporary pay cut.

The business we're in (consumer electronics) actually has done relatively well during the pandemic as people are getting more of their entertainment at home.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Same here, I've been fortunate.

I have been working from home for a few years now, so that wasn't a change for me. We took a 15% pay cut for 3 months, but since then our pay has been restored and the company actually reimbursed us for the temporary pay cut.

The business we're in (consumer electronics) actually has done relatively well during the pandemic as people are getting more of their entertainment at home.

I'm in the delivery space so Covid has been the best thing ever for our revenues

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Guess it depends on who the "they" are.  I feel like schools, colleges and private institutions should be able to require it.  

if schools, colleges or private institutions weren't requiring or enforcing long prove vaccines like for measles I don't see how they can force newer vaccines.  I'm not comparing measles to COVID 19 it's just that if they couldn't or wouldn't require vaccines that had decades of proof good luck in today's climate with a COVID 19 vaccine when some think it's a hoax.  

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

if schools, colleges or private institutions weren't requiring or enforcing long prove vaccines like for measles I don't see how they can force newer vaccines.  I'm not comparing measles to COVID 19 it's just that if they couldn't or wouldn't require vaccines that had decades of proof good luck in today's climate with a COVID 19 vaccine when some think it's a hoax.  

A lot of universities do require immunizations and allow for waiver only on some specific vaccines. There's plenty of precedent for this.

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

This has been a crazy year. After the first month or so, I got acclimated to remote work stuff. I have been so busy at work that I haven't really been inconvenienced much by the lockdowns and no one close to me has gotten sick. I really just feel bad for our kids. Can't take them to amusement parks or sporting events or restaurants. But they're having a blast doing other things and really seem to be doing well. I'm just fortunate and glad we haven't been financially impacted at all. I feel terrible for a few of my friends and everyone else who have been crushed financially.

Same except we don't have kids yet.  Even once I do go back to an office we're going to have a much smaller space and split our time between working in the office and remotely which is going to save us a lot of money next year.  My wife's job is essential so neither of us have been out of work during all of this.  Most people I know seem to be doing alright so my concern is for the people who aren't and those that keep ending up out of work due to lock downs. 

7 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

good luck in today's climate with a COVID 19 vaccine when some think it's a hoax.  

It's a challenge to figure out the impact of "today's climate" in various situations.

It's likely that people will be shamed on social media if they refuse the vaccine.

That will be the next thing: "So-and-so says he doesn't trust the vaccine" so he must be a right-wing lunatic.

8 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

A lot of universities do require immunizations and allow for waiver only on some specific vaccines. There's plenty of precedent for this.

There's zero precedent in our lifetimes for requiring a vaccine for the general public that has been around for a few months.  I imagine lawsuits and higher courts getting involved before it's settled.

13 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

There's zero precedent in our lifetimes for requiring a vaccine for the general public that has been around for a few months.  I imagine lawsuits and higher courts getting involved before it's settled.

Well, yeah. Oh, I agree with you on that pivot to the general public. I think schools could do it, though.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

i've enjoyed working from home, and i like being back on campus now without any kids. it's quiet, and i appreciate not having to hear an endless stream of noise every single day.

i was concerned about being able to do everything remotely. it's caused me to do a lot more work converting documents from MS Word to Google platforms, but it's working out okay. there are some things i haven't been able to use because of the way they're formated, or because they're workbook pages or handouts that i've xeroxed. we haven't been able to watch all of the videos i usually show but it's pushed me to find some new sources for the same topic, and i've enjoyed doing that. i've been able to thin out a lot of things that were not being used or were too much like busy work, and that's been a positive.

i miss the kids, however. we have some new kids and i don't know what their voices sound like, how tall or short they are, or what their handwriting looks like. i miss that about all of them.

i especially miss having readers to grade work or being able to correct assignments in class together. this has caused me a ton of extra work that is very time consuming. the one positive out of it is seeing things i was missing before, like how poorly some of the kids work.

all in all my spirits are good. i'm okay to keep going like this, especially when we hear about the myraid of protocols we'll have to follow once kids are back on campus. it's going to suck and be an incredible burden for everyone. i'll have to wear a mask and a face shield all day long - that's gonna blow.

58 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's a challenge to figure out the impact of "today's climate" in various situations.

It's likely that people will be shamed on social media if they refuse the vaccine.

That will be the next thing: "So-and-so says he doesn't trust the vaccine" so he must be a right-wing lunatic.

I thought the left were refusing to take a vaccine that was created while Trump was in office? Everything is just stupid 

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

I thought the left were refusing to take a vaccine that was created while Trump was in office? Everything is just stupid 

That was around the same timeline where he was talking about injecting bleach. 

I switched jobs in July and my whole onboarding process has been virtual. I haven’t even had a face to face meeting with my boss.  It’s a strange way to start, but I really can’t complain. 

Outside of work, there is a ton of things I miss. I feel claustrophobic at times and I hate being isolated. I feel anxious at times and I really miss in person social situations. I only go out for essentials because I’m protecting my elderly mother-in-law who we take care of.

All in all, 2020 sucks, but at least my family is safe and healthy.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Playing defense, already?

12 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Outside of work, there is a ton of things I miss. I feel claustrophobic at times and I hate being isolated. I feel anxious at times and I really miss in person social situations. I only go out for essentials because I’m protecting my elderly mother-in-law who we take care of.

All in all, 2020 sucks, but at least my family is safe and healthy.

This is how I feel, too. I moved to Colorado from the San Gabriel Valley in 2019, but I have spent most of the pandemic near Santa Fe, New Mexico, as my parents live on several acres in the mountains a few miles outside of town. They are senior citizens and my father has cancer, so I want to be able to do all the shopping/driving for them. My brother died of cancer in 2019, so my parents are pretty much my only family left. 

I miss traveling, going to baseball games and bars/breweries, and seeing friends, but life could be a lot worse. As long as my family gets out of this pandemic safe and healthy, I'll be happy. 

16 minutes ago, Justin said:

This is how I feel, too. I moved to Colorado from the San Gabriel Valley in 2019, but I have spent most of the pandemic near Santa Fe, New Mexico, as my parents live on several acres in the mountains a few miles outside of town. They are senior citizens and my father has cancer, so I want to be able to do all the shopping/driving for them. My brother died of cancer in 2019, so my parents are pretty much my only family left. 

I miss traveling, going to baseball games and bars/breweries, and seeing friends, but life could be a lot worse. As long as my family gets out of this pandemic safe and healthy, I'll be happy. 

You're a good son. Hoping it all works out for your family. F cancer.