• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Not necessarily, I just don’t think small businesses losing their existence is one of your priorities 

He's a healthcare worker, so it would make sense that his priority is COVID safety. Someone who owns or has ever owned a small business would likely have a different priority.

But we can all understand and care about the different kinds of people who are affected by this pandemic.

People needed to be paid to stay home for 5 to 6 weeks and rents for businesses needed to be suspended etc.  a national *enforced* mask mandate needed to be implemented.  All these faux half measures were always doomed to fail.  We don’t have the ability or the culture for a lot of reasons to effectively confront this challenge.  So 500K people are going to die.  

pretty funny that shortly before all this happened we were all talking about the massive institutional failure of the USSR to effectively deal with the Chernobyl disaster and how that couldn’t possibly happen here.  Lol.  Owned. 

And while I accept that Fauci needed to go along with the early advisories saying that masks weren’t necessary, it’s now to clear to me that he should have resigned when the CDC changed the direction.  His legitimacy on the topic was wholly compromised.  He’s not the only epidemiologist in the country.  He only served to give ammunition to the absolute moron chuds that still continue to refuse to wear masks. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Who pays the cost of rent suspension? There is upstream costs for commercial property ownership. 

Whatever unavoidable operating costs  should have just been paid for.  I don’t really think it would have been a problem.  We know now that large entities that required no assistance took tons of ppp.  Just cause.  

41 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Whatever unavoidable operating costs  should have just been paid for.  I don’t really think it would have been a problem.  We know now that large entities that required no assistance took tons of ppp.  Just cause.  

Property is bought as an investment but it doesn't mean it was paid for as a straight cash investment. The rent offsets the loan and tax costs. 

So, are the banks supposed to just not collect on loans and how does that work? How solvent would banks be without that money flowing back to them?

It seems you've created a domino effect that could topple the entire commercial real estate market along with the financial institutions they work with. 

The money necessary to maintain the solvency of the banks would obviously need to be made available to the extent necessary.  And i didn’t say people’s bills would all be cancelled I said that they should be given money to keep afloat.  There are obviously some exceptions to my comment on paying people to stay home.  There are of course essential workers - who should have through all of this received substantial hazard pay.  Whose work places should have been made as safe as possible.  But when we’re talking about people who own small businesses.  Restaurants, small retailers.  Etc.  money should have just been given directly to these people to keep their doors shut and keep them afloat.  Much could have been and should have been done differently.