• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

48 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

So what happens when those that don't care to wear a mask go to the next city over hang out with others who aren't wearing masks when no mandated and bring the virus to their city that mandates a mask. Kind off defeats the purpose of the mask mandate in 1 city and not in another city 15 minutes away. 

Luckily you have the right to wear one yourself and also stay inside if you are worried.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

6 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I am not trying to criticize anyone, asa diabetic I have a healthy concern about this disease but I have also lost my job due the response and have seen my boys suffer in their education and socializing.

I don’t speak as an educator so I don’t presume to come up with the best ( or any) plan.  I just know their will be consequences in every part of our culture and they will only be worse the longer everything is shut down

I was curious as to what you'd like to see happen, I don't feel criticism from you, just curious how you'd like to see this go. I'm sure it's tough on your kids to stay home and not be around their friends, and that in combination with other issues you've raised, need a solution that is reasonable and workable, yet safe.

Because you or others that are concerned can do so?

Remember, you asked this question, although you left out the proper punctuation:

"So what happens when those that don't care to wear a mask go to the next city over hang out with others who aren't wearing masks when no mandated and bring the virus to their city that mandates a mask. Kind off defeats the purpose of the mask mandate in 1 city and not in another city 15 minutes away."

If you think the mandates are pointless and futile, then wear your own mask and stay indoors. It's pretty simple. I can't tell if you are dumb or trying to be dumb for trolling purposes. You have the right to your opinion, but if the mandates are in place and you still go out while concerned, that's on you.

Californians turn on one another as state locks down again amid the pandemic

A surge of coronavirus cases in California is pitting residents of the Golden State against one another, with one side frustrated that not enough people are taking the virus seriously, while others are angered by the state’s response and its impact on small businesses.

For months, that anger had been directed toward Gov. Gavin Newsom and other state health officials for shutting down businesses to curb the spread of the virus. Pockets of protests emerged throughout the state as the financial effects began to be felt.

The frustration temporarily subsided as businesses were given the green light last month to gradually reopen with restrictions in place. Many people, restless from months of shut-ins, flouted social distancing rules and refused to wear masks as they attended family dinners and outdoor parties.

By early July, cases began to rise in California, leading to Gov. Newsom’s announcement on Monday that all bars across the state must close up shop and that restaurants, wineries, tasting rooms, family entertainment centers, zoos, museums, and card rooms must suspend indoor activities.

The Democratic governor also announced that all gyms, places of worship, malls, personal care services, barbershops, salons, and non-critical offices in counties on the state’s “monitoring list” had to shut down under the new order.

The order affects more than 30 counties which are home to about 80 percent of California’s population.

The order sparked a flurry of anger from residents, many of whom accused their fellow Californians’ supposed carelessness of creating shutdown 2.0.

“It really, in my opinion, shines a light on the amount of entitlement we have as a society,” tweeted actor Coby Ryan McLaughlin. “Wear a mask, don’t go to [expletive] house parties. Just chill out. Follow the rules for once, and don’t make it this huge political issue.”

Others were quick to point out the “wear-a-mask” crowds’ hypocrisy for remaining silent on the issue when protesters came out in droves – many without masks or social distancing – in the wake of the police custody death of George Floyd in late May.

“But the dems said we can’t get it at a protest,” wrote a user cited by the Los Angeles Times, in response to a protest video. “Just the beach or a bar or restaurant. Home Depot and Walmart are safe.”

I bought school uniforms for my kid yesterday then I received an email from the school this morning. 

Dear Parents:

At noon today, Governor Newsom has scheduled a Press Conference to discuss the re-opening of schools in California.  We have not been notified in advance of what Governor Newsom’s statement or of any expectations he may put in place for re-opening.   We will be taking time this afternoon to evaluate and review the information presented in his press conference and determine what it means specific to AVCS school plans for the fall.  We will email on Monday with more details regarding school plans.  

We’ll see what happens. 

25 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I bought school uniforms for my kid yesterday then I received an email from the school this morning. 

Dear Parents:

At noon today, Governor Newsom has scheduled a Press Conference to discuss the re-opening of schools in California.  We have not been notified in advance of what Governor Newsom’s statement or of any expectations he may put in place for re-opening.   We will be taking time this afternoon to evaluate and review the information presented in his press conference and determine what it means specific to AVCS school plans for the fall.  We will email on Monday with more details regarding school plans.  

We’ll see what happens. 

Well you just bought the uniforms so you know how it’s going to play out 

9 hours ago, Tank said:

I was curious as to what you'd like to see happen, I don't feel criticism from you, just curious how you'd like to see this go. I'm sure it's tough on your kids to stay home and not be around their friends, and that in combination with other issues you've raised, need a solution that is reasonable and workable, yet safe.

Poor kids are so screwed. Most of those kids have parents who are either disinterested in their education altogether, have completely outsourced that aspect of raising their children to the State, or even if they're willing and motivated to help facilitate, they mostly lack the skills and resources (time included if they're working) to be effective. 

41 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

This is intriguing. We cancelled all of our rehearsals and concerts starting in late March, including a weeklong trip to upstate New York. We’ve been invited to sing at a camp meeting in Yucaipa at the end of August but it would mean either singing six feet apart indoors in sketchy A/C, or singing six feet apart outdoors in the staggering heat. Pass.

Plus, all of us except three are 60+, putting us all in the high risk category. We have no idea when we’re going to get together again.

On 7/16/2020 at 9:28 AM, calscuf said:

Same.  Slight fever and I feel a little run down.  Lost about 70% of my sense of smell.  If it doesn’t change I have to consider myself very fortunate.

Sends shivers down my spine
Body’s aching all the time

What do the counties need to do to get off the list? I'm unable to watch the press conference because if I listen to that asshole for more than 2 minutes I'll be at risk of putting a bullet through my tv.

Edited by Lhalo

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

What do the counties need to do to get off the list? I'm unable to watch the press conference because if I listen to that asshole for more than 2 minutes because I'll be at risk of putting a bullet through my tv.