• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

Do face masks really reduce coronavirus spread? Experts have mixed answers

Researchers, writing in two new papers, attempt to tackle the efficacy of masks, one more rigorously than the other, and come to differing conclusions. One study examined the effect of masks on seasonal coronaviruses (which cause many cases of the common cold) and found that surgical masks are helpful at reducing how much virus a sick person spreads. The other looked particularly at SARS-CoV-2 and found no effect of either surgical or fabric masks on reducing virus spread, but only had four participants and used a crude measure of viral spread.

The bottom line, experts say, is that masks might help keep people with COVID-19 from unknowingly passing along the virus. But the evidence for the efficacy of surgical or homemade masks is limited, and masks aren't the most important protection against the coronavirus.

science/face-masks-really-reduce-coronavirus-spread-experts-have-mixed-answers

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

11 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I went to Islands over the weekend. It was pretty interesting, being my first time to a bar/restaurant to sit down since this whole thing started. They had someone checking in people out front with a diagram of the restaurant and where open seats are. Then they sat us down. It was pretty empty since it was lunch time but they had only certain tables that they used and they marked them if they were sanitized or not. Then you exit out the back. It'll take some getting used to.

I met my brother for beers at a certain bar in Orange over the weekend. Place was packed both inside and out on the patio. Nobody wore a mask, there was no “Social distancing”, everyone was just having a good time. Guess what? I’m fine. 

25 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I met my brother for beers at a certain bar in Orange over the weekend. Place was packed both inside and out on the patio. Nobody wore a mask, there was no “Social distancing”, everyone was just having a good time. Guess what? I’m fine. 

Here's hoping that this post won't be bumped in 10 to 14 days.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

He's pregnant.  Baby shower is tbd.  Gender reveal party will be today during the BLM march.  Police have already been informed as to what color teargas to use.

Awesome.  So is @Angels Never Die the mom or the dad?  Sorry AND, you said “any ribbing you find good natured is fine”

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

That’s cool lol I’m just saying how things were when I went to Islands, which is also in OC.