• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

23 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Well this thread really tapered off haha. I guess 147 deaths in OC just doesn't cut it when it comes to "pandemics".

Of the 147 deaths 61 of them are from skilled nursing facilities and 74% of them are people age 65 or older.  Just reinforces the need to keep the elderly and those with compromised immune systems quarantined.   

Just now, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Of the 147 deaths 61 of them are from skilled nursing facilities and 74% of them are people age 65 or older.  Just reinforces the need to keep the elderly and those with compromised immune systems quarantined.   

And yet here we are stuck in phase 2. What a god damn joke.

15 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

No everybody needs to be quarantined.  It's the only way, because if we can prevent one death, it's worth it.  /s

I'm bored so starting from page one.  Some highlights.

Page 10.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:53 PM, Lou said:

Some of you owe FS an apology

On 2/21/2020 at 1:00 PM, Blarg said:

The moment I get a fever and start coughing. 

I wonder if FS got an apology?

On 2/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, fan_since79 said:

Harvard epidemiologist weighs in...

The Harvard epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch is exacting in his diction, even for an epidemiologist. Twice in our conversation he started to say something, then paused and said, “Actually, let me start again.” So it’s striking when one of the points he wanted to get exactly right was this: “I think the likely outcome is that it will ultimately not be containable.”

Lipsitch predicts that, within the coming year, some 40 to 70 percent of people around the world will be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But, he clarifies emphatically, this does not mean that all will have severe illnesses...

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/02/covid-vaccine/607000/

Page 11

On 2/25/2020 at 11:05 AM, Lhalo said:

Page 12

On 2/26/2020 at 6:13 PM, fan_since79 said:

People over 80 are most at risk of dying, at least in China. I'm hearing that it's a similar situation in Italy. 

20860.jpeg

Page 14

On 2/29/2020 at 11:27 AM, fan_since79 said:

Dr. Fauci is very impressive. Lays it all out clearly and carefully.

Vast majority of the coronavirus deaths worldwide are in the elderly and/or those with underlying medical conditions.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, Jason said:

apparently masks only work on medical professionals

On 2/29/2020 at 7:19 AM, Redondo said:

Cotton calls China travel ban 'the single most consequential and valuable thing' done to slow coronavirus

“The single most consequential and valuable thing done to stop this virus from already spreading throughout the United States was when President Trump decided to shut down travel to China last month,” Cotton said, referring to the administration's announcement Jan. 31 that it would temporarily bar foreigners from entering the U.S. if they had been to China within the previous 14 days.

Cotton said that though former Vice President Joe Biden accused Trump of xenophobia and The Washington Post said that Trump overreacted, “the so-called experts who opposed the decision at the time” eventually admitted that it “bought valuable time to prevent the spread of this virus in the United States.”

Cotton said that as a result of Trump banning travel from China, the administration was able to stock drugs and medical equipment, work on vaccines and therapeutics, and “getting testing kits out to the front line.”

Page 15

On 3/2/2020 at 3:33 PM, notherhalo said:

now that this is a political topic itll be at page 100 in no time

Page 16

On 3/3/2020 at 4:49 PM, fan_since79 said:

Denver Councilwoman Candi CdeBaca is getting major blowback over a controversial tweet sent on Friday.

CdeBaca quoted a tweet that said, “For the record, if I do get the coronavirus I’m attending every MAGA rally I can.”

CdeBaca responded and quoted the tweet by saying, “#solidarity Yaaaas!!”

https://kdvr.com/news/local/if-i-do-get-coronavirus-im-attending-every-maga-rally-i-can-denver-councilwoman-quotes-solidarity-to-tweet/

Page 17 

On 3/4/2020 at 9:28 AM, fan_since79 said:

Per L.A. Times,

L.A. County is declaring a state of emergency as six new cases are found.

Not a great development.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:55 AM, Lhalo said:

Page 18

Took a section of Red's post re: CDC guidelines

On 3/4/2020 at 3:10 PM, red321 said:

• Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
    • CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
    • Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to  others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).

Page 22

On 3/7/2020 at 7:45 AM, fan_since79 said:

Apparently, hospitals are preparing for the possibility of 96 million cases and up to 480,000 deaths.

https://www.businessinsider.com/presentation-us-hospitals-preparing-for-millions-of-hospitalizations-2020-3?amp&__twitter_impression=true

It goes downhill from there.  

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I'm bored so starting from page one.  Some highlights.

Page 10.

I wonder if FS got an apology?

Page 11

Page 12

Page 14

Page 15

Page 16

Page 17 

Page 18

Took a section of Red's post re: CDC guidelines

Page 22

It goes downhill from there.  

You're like Ken Burns.

They got the go ahead for part of stage 3 to open:

https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/news/story/2020-05-26/orange-county-retailers-restaurants-barbershops-hair-salons-approved-for-reopening-gov-gavin-newsom-says

I know only because my wife like many women has wanted to get her hair done and she's able to next week.  Nail salons, massage parlors (sorry Adam) and so on still don't have the green light because they touch your face or hands.

I went over the weekend. We went to The Olive Pit for shits and giggles and some Vietnamese lady was next door with a friend chopping people up. My quarantine mullet was so bad I told her to just shave it so I could look like @Lhalo.

Maybe 15 minutes and made it back in time for another round. Also reminded me of why I like Vietnamese people. They just smile, laugh, and nod at you but have no fucking clue what you are saying. It was hilarious.

I went to Islands over the weekend. It was pretty interesting, being my first time to a bar/restaurant to sit down since this whole thing started. They had someone checking in people out front with a diagram of the restaurant and where open seats are. Then they sat us down. It was pretty empty since it was lunch time but they had only certain tables that they used and they marked them if they were sanitized or not. Then you exit out the back. It'll take some getting used to.