• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

18 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

The New York Times may keep telling you that but making hundreds of millions of tests within a month is not possible. Also, testing won’t keep the Chinese virus from spreading at all. 

I don't disagree with anything he says. Your tendency to be so contrary leads you to say shit like "The New York Times may keep telling you..." when it's totally unnecessary. We're all in this together.

26 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

The New York Times may keep telling you that but making hundreds of millions of tests within a month is not possible. Also, testing won’t keep the Chinese virus from spreading at all. 

Interesting. I posted a video about a month ago that you dismissed even though it was an hour and thirty minutes of this guy breaking down the situation, but now are posting him because it's a different source.

Funny how this works.

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Stuff like this will be key to returning to anything resembling normalcy:

https://wamu.org/story/20/04/14/a-covid-19-test-that-gets-results-in-minutes-rolls-out-across-d-c-region/

Honestly, the government should be subsidizing it. The cost of getting this up and running is far, far less than a continued hobbling of everything. 

Throwing a metric crap ton of money at this sort of stuff in late January/early February would have saved so many lives, so many jobs and so much heartache. Our leaders failed us, and horrendously so. An adequate response in a world like ours required a scale and coordination that only the federal government could supply at this time. They sat on their hands. They could have been out in front of this. They weren't. 

You are right. The Congress failed to act. 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You are right. The Congress failed to act. 

5 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

You're not wrong. They all let us down. 

Also, on a scale of 1-5 (5 being greatest positive impact), how much better did submitting that post make your morning? I sure hope it's at least a 4.

17 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Also, on a scale of 1-5 (5 being greatest positive impact), how much better did submitting that post make your morning? I sure hope it's at least a 4.

I am without electrical at the moment in my home office. By shifting from a facility that was designed to handle the workload of a post production company to a track home in San Dimas and expecting the same results was not reasonable.

Two weeks ago I had a high speed business internet line installed and this week I have electricians stripping out old wiring and installing newer, higher load bearing wiring for both my office and my wife's home office to handle the needs that were designed into a home built in the early 70's. These are expensive modifications but necessary since I was tripping a 15 amp circuit breaker and each time it could have led to losing some important piece of gear that is not readily availble. The offices will now be on a pair of 20 amp dedicated lines.

The show must go on so out of pocket this is going to run a little over $2K to stay employed. I also have four new tires being mounted on my car since yesterday I had a tire failure that forced the issue. There goes another grand in expenses and I really don't drive anymore but one day this will end I will need the car to be reliable. 

So, as far as mornings go, this one is expensive but productive for the long term. I will have to make up a lot of lost time and work through the weekend, again, but it helps keep others employed as well since we are meeting deadlines. 

The post rates at about a 4 since it is one of the few I have had time to post in the last three weeks.

Hope you appreciated it.  

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am without electrical at the moment in my home office. By shifting from a facility that was designed to handle the workload of a post production company to a track home in San Dimas and expecting the same results was not reasonable.

Two weeks ago I had a high speedbusiness internet line installed and this week I have electricians stripping out old wiring and installing newer, higher load bearing wiring for both my office and my wife's home office to handle the needs that were designed into a home built in the early 70's. These are expensive modifications but necessary sonce I was tripping a 15 amp circuit breaker and each time it could have led to losing some important piece of gear that is not readily availble.

The show must go on so out of pocket this is going to run a little over $2K to stay employed. I also have four new tires being mounted on my car since yesterday I had a tire failure that forced the issue. There goes anoth grand in expenses and I really don't drive anymore butone day this will end I will need the car to be reliable. 

So, as far as mornings go, this one is expensive but productive for the long term. I will have to make up a lot of lost time and work through the weekend, again, but it helps keep others employed as well since we are meeting deadlines. 

The post rates at about a 4 since it is one of the few I have had time to post in the last three weeks.

Hope you appreciated it.  

You could have just said 4.

25 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Two weeks ago I had a high speed business internet line installed and this week I have electricians stripping out old wiring and installing newer, higher load bearing wiring for both my office and my wife's home office to handle the needs that were designed into a home built in the early 70's. These are expensive modifications but necessary since I was tripping a 15 amp circuit breaker and each time it could have led to losing some important piece of gear that is not readily availble. The offices will now be on a pair of 20 amp dedicated lines.

The show must go on so out of pocket this is going to run a little over $2K to stay employed. I also have four new tires being mounted on my car since yesterday I had a tire failure that forced the issue. There goes another grand in expenses and I really don't drive anymore but one day this will end I will need the car to be reliable. 

Hope you appreciated it.  

Sir, this is a Denny's.

Turns out I might have been wrong about the CDC.  They had tests for the Rona as early as January 18.  With the test kits approved by the FDA on February 4.  Now, the number of test kits and that some kits were defective is still the case.  But these kits were in state and county hands in early February, well before the pandemic declaration on March 11.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/testing-in-us.html

https://khn.org/news/cdc-coronavirus-testing-decision-likely-to-haunt-nation-for-months-to-come/

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/testing-laboratories.html

3 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I know you don't actually follow those people. You find these Twitter posts from whatever right wing site you visit, where they are posted so that people can say "look at the dumb thing this lib said."

Haha! Twitter doesn’t have “sites” either 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Turns out I might have been wrong about the CDC.  They had tests for the Rona as early as January 18.  With the test kits approved by the FDA on February 4.  Now, the number of test kits and that some kits were defective is still the case.  But these kits were in state and county hands in early February, well before the pandemic declaration on March 11.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/testing-in-us.html

https://khn.org/news/cdc-coronavirus-testing-decision-likely-to-haunt-nation-for-months-to-come/

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/testing-laboratories.html

That's kinda important, no?

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Haha! Twitter doesn’t have “sites” either 

I wasn't referring to Twitter sites. Let me ask you, when you post a tweet from a random person you don't follow, where do find them?

46 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I wasn't referring to Twitter sites. Let me ask you, when you post a tweet from a random person you don't follow, where do find them?

If someone you do follow comments on or “likes” a post it can show up in your timeline.  Also, you can just peruse whatever is trending. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

15 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

It's either a retweet or someone I follow "liked" it. I do follow all sorts of different "perspectives" on Twitter but many of the ones I put on here I do not follow.  Michael Malice and Jennifer Rubin are the best to follow though. Funny shit

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's either a retweet or someone I follow "liked" it. I do follow all sorts of different "perspectives" on Twitter but many of the ones I put on here I do not follow.  Michael Malice and Jennifer Rubin are the best to follow though. Funny shit

Now I just checked out what Malice is up to and he blocked me 😞 

17 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Probably because Trump's "Chinese travel ban" wasn't really a ban.

Coronavirus: Direct flights brought 40k from China after Trump travel ban - Axios
https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-trump-china-travel-ban-45a2da12-8063-4ad9-ba28-61cdeb1ce0b3.html

Jesus Christ. Next thing you know the libs are going to be posting articles about how many muslims Trump has still let in.

15 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

This is such a terrible take. Trump was given a pandemic team to deal with this very situation by Obama. Trump disbanded the pandemic response team Obama had set up after the Ebola outbreak. Do you even know what a pandemic response team does? They track down outbreaks like the coronavirus around the world and work to immediately contain it so it doesn't spread to the US. They don't rely on the WHO or anyone else. If they weren't disbanded then we would have saved thousands of lives.

Trump also cut staff by more than two-thirds at a key U.S. public health agency operating inside China, as part of a larger rollback of U.S.funded health and science experts on the ground there leading up to the coronavirus outbreak.

----------------------

Separately, the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the global relief program which had a role in helping China monitor and respond to outbreaks, also shut their Beijing offices on Trump’s watch. Before the closures, each office was staffed by a U.S. official. In addition, the U.S. Department of Agriculture(USDA) transferred out of China in 2018 the manager of an animal disease monitoring program.

Reuters first reported about changes to CDC staffing in China on Sunday. The news agency revealed that the Trump administration had eliminated the position of a U.S. trainer of Chinese field epidemiologists, who were deployed to the epicenter of outbreaks to help track, investigate and contain diseases.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-cdc-exclusiv/exclusive-u-s-slashed-cdc-staff-inside-china-prior-to-coronavirus-outbreak-idUSKBN21C3N5

None of this has absolutely anything to do with what I posted.

All I am saying is that it might be possible that Trump only screws up 99% of the time and you are so blinded that you can't even acknowledge that one percent. 

You are part of the problem.