• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 hours ago, red321 said:

What in the holy fuck is wrong with this asshole?

i've felt for most of his presidency that he does a lot of his tweeting just to troll the libs. But this is is just plain irresponsible, not to mention frightening.

37 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Bootlicker bullshit and you should never indulge it. 

Well yeah sure, I don't like the tone of it. But ultimately he isn't wrong. There are thousands upon thousands of people abusing the EBT program. Most are not. My mom spends $13 a month on food because that's all she's allowed. She also physically cannot work.

But plenty of people can. They just choose not to.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Well yeah sure, I don't like the tone of it. But ultimately he isn't wrong. There are thousands upon thousands of people abusing the EBT program. Most are not. My mom spends $13 a month on food because that's all she's allowed. She also physically cannot work.

But plenty of people can. They just choose not to.

And I did acknowledge that.  It doesn’t mean you should give them one inch on this.  Unemployment benefits are good and wholly necessary.  The problem isn’t that there are programs to help people.  The problem is dog shit policy that allows for large populations non functional people.  The people who take “advantage” are a whole other complicated issue.  They themselves are a product of an absolutely failed society.  You said it yourself.  Most people on these programs desperately need them and aren’t exploiting them.  The welfare queen narrative is evil garbage that should always always always be opposed. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Here's another one for @angelinkc 

Covid-19 is rapidly becoming America’s leading cause of death

https://apple.news/A4ePnSryLS1G1Zh8_o4rIrw

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/04/16/coronavirus-leading-cause-death/

I am sure it is. The corona bill pays 15% extra to hospitals for every corona patient diagnosed, admitted, or death. Not sure if it compounds or is just a flat 15. Also New York was allowed to classify 4K at home deaths as corona with no questions asked. States are being allowed to count anything and everything and still struggling to meet predictions. The Spanish flu didn’t need financial incentives or bullshit classifications to make history. 

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

i've felt for most of his presidency that he does a lot tweeting just to troll the libs. this is is just plain irresponsible, not to mention frightening.

He want's the people in the streets, then boom, martial law and no election.  The 2nd Amendment thing is too easy, those people who had 200 guns a month ago likely now have 240 and counting. You can convince a MAGA that adding is actually subtracting. 

MAGA has 200 firearms and was told they are coming to get them.

MAGA buys 40 more

How many firearms does MAGA have?

I agree. Everyone pretty much knows my mom's situation, but without this help she would not be able to survive. For fucks sake she gets $13 A MONTH for EBT benefits. Then she goes to the food pantry and they've cut back extensively on what they give so that's a couple weeks of food at best. Add in the meals on wheels and she's barely getting by.

She doesn't want steak or lobster or expensive meals. She just wants to be able to buy GROCERIES. You know, fruits, vegetables, rice, cereal, chicken, as well as basic needs like soap and shampoo. But she can't. We all have to pitch in to take care of it for her.

This is entirely anecdotal but I doubt her situation is unique.

To top it off, her landlord expected rent in full this month despite everything. He said he couldn't give any leeway and he'd evict if people didn't pay their rent. His politics are irrelevant but you can guess what they are.

The rich and upper middle class "support" the lower class, but they do so "against their will" because the government is stealing their money.

I get it. People are not required to support people they don't know. But ultimately it amounts to how much over the course of a year? It's not really about the money, it's about the principal. People don't want to pay for poor people, so they demonize them; making them all look like lazy lowlifes who just don't want to work. Yeah, there's plenty of that. But your taxes also go to supporting the Military Industrial Complex but no one whines about that, despite being "anti-war".

Most people who use these benefits genuinely need them. They'd either be homeless or die without them, and we all know how people feel about the homeless. 

It's just a class thing. Not to call anyone out here but look at what has been said to me on many occasions: "Get a second job", "Get an education", "Stop spending money on beer". It's a rhetoric that's been around since the 40's. It's always simple to them. Well I can't get a second job because of being on FMLA for crippling anxiety. Do I get paid with FMLA? No. Do I get unemployment with FMLA? No. 

Anyway, I needed to rant a bit. I understand both sides of the argument here. But yes, people don't quite understand nuance when it comes to things like this. All poor people are the same. It's funny though, that a lot of these people are now out of work and relying on the poor people to get by. The poor people are holding up the economy right now. I wonder how long that will go on...

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I agree. Everyone pretty much knows my mom's situation, but without this help she would not be able to survive. For fucks sake she gets $13 A MONTH for EBT benefits. Then she goes to the food pantry and they've cut back extensively on what they give so that's a couple weeks of food at best. Add in the meals on wheels and she's barely getting by.

She doesn't want steak or lobster or expensive meals. She just wants to be able to buy GROCERIES. You know, fruits, vegetables, rice, cereal, chicken, as well as basic needs like soap and shampoo. But she can't. We all have to pitch in to take care of it for her.

This is entirely anecdotal but I doubt her situation is unique.

To top it off, her landlord expected rent in full this month despite everything. He said he couldn't give any leeway and he'd evict if people didn't pay their rent. His politics are irrelevant but you can guess what they are.

The rich and upper middle class "support" the lower class, but they do so "against their will" because the government is stealing their money.

I get it. People are not required to support people they don't know. But ultimately it amounts to how much over the course of a year? It's not really about the money, it's about the principal. People don't want to pay for poor people, so they demonize them; making them all look like lazy lowlifes who just don't want to work. Yeah, there's plenty of that. But your taxes also go to supporting the Military Industrial Complex but no one whines about that, despite being "anti-war".

Most people who use these benefits genuinely need them. They'd either be homeless or die without them, and we all know how people feel about the homeless. 

It's just a class thing. Not to call anyone out here but look at what has been said to me on many occasions: "Get a second job", "Get an education", "Stop spending money on beer". It's a rhetoric that's been around since the 40's. It's always simple to them. Well I can't get a second job because of being on FMLA for crippling anxiety. Do I get paid with FMLA? No. Do I get unemployment with FMLA? No. 

Anyway, I needed to rant a bit. I understand both sides of the argument here. But yes, people don't quite understand nuance when it comes to things like this. All poor people are the same. It's funny though, that a lot of these people are now out of work and relying on the poor people to get by. The poor people are holding up the economy right now. I wonder how long that will go on...

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Shampoo is a basic need?????

If your moms landlord can’t make it one month without her monthly rent then it’s not that cock sucker that’s providing her housing it’s her and his other tenants that are providing for him.  You should tape a picture of Mao to his door.  The dumb fuck is probably too dim to get it.  But it would be satisfying. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

If your moms landlord can’t make it without her monthly rent then it’s not that cock sucker that’s providing her housing it’s her his other tenants that are providing for him.  You should tape a picture of Mao to his door.  The dumb fuck is probably too dim to get it.  But it would be satisfying. 

He's a Mormon too. It's a really shitty situation for her. She lives across the street from my brothers ex wife but that's another story.