• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

20 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Do you have trouble understanding nuance?

Nobody is saying that it's exclusively Trump's fault. Some of us are saying that Trump shares part of the blame for our country not being prepared or responding quick enough.

This is disingenuous. I peek around here from time to time or even in The Hangout and you like to blame Trump for any and everything...and I don't even like the orange dude! Imagine that, some random dude with a laptop that doesn't care about politics that sees a ridiculous amount of posts pertaining to one person or topic.

It's also ridiculous. No one was prepared or responded quick enough. To my knowledge Trump isn't a doctor, scientist, or healthcare professional. The government added mandates as the data rolled in but dumb shits still went to spring break in Florida, etc.

It's just dumb discourse. Everyone is part of the problem. Some of you guys act like he has some special powers or ability to change things, and it's not the case.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

This is disingenuous. I peek around here from time to time or even in The Hangout and you like to blame Trump for any and everything...and I don't even like the orange dude! Imagine that, some random dude with a laptop that doesn't care about politics that sees a ridiculous amount of posts pertaining to one person or topic.

It's also ridiculous. No one was prepared or responded quick enough. To my knowledge Trump isn't a doctor, scientist, or healthcare professional. The government added mandates as the data rolled in but dumb shits still went to spring break in Florida, etc.

It's just dumb discourse. Everyone is part of the problem. Some of you guys act like he has some special powers or ability to change things, and it's not the case.

ed sheeran GIF

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So what you're saying is....Trump is part of the problem?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

One glaring thing that came out of this also is that while the whatever act that Trump enacted to make companies produce.  You had 3M then go out and sell those supplies to Canada.  So that has to really be looked at. 

Also the states competing against each other was happening and I think is still happening with respirator machines.  This is more difficult, because NY obviously needs more of these.  But in some areas, like rural areas, one machine could go a long ways.  And if say California blows up, then those that go to NY, the people in CA will say we want ours.

There are still a lot of questions re: 3M and those masks. You also have the fact that the US didn't start ordering masks (and other resources) in bulk until mid March. If the federal government had started playing a central role much sooner, and acting as the focal point, you wouldn't have had the states go out and start competing against each other for resources. And I agree, you may have states requesting resources they don't need, or in excessive quantity...but that's part of what the central facilitation should handle. But at the same time, look at states like Oregon and Washington, who are sending ventilators to NY and NY saying they will return the favor when/if necessary. 

https://apnews.com/090600c299a8cf07f5b44d92534856bc

A review of federal purchasing contracts by The Associated Press shows federal agencies largely waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical ventilators and other equipment needed by front-line health care workers.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

What else do I blame Trump for, other than things he's said and done? Making jokes about Trump in other forums =/= blaming him for everything and anything. That's hyperbole.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One thing i think needs to be pointed out, when seeing how the Feds dropped the ball, is that in their defense, we are having a hard time getting people to stay away from each other right now... a month into this thing.

Im not trying to defend trump here. But the ONLY way we could have stopped this thing was to Wuahn America as soon as Wuhan was Wuhanned... (wow). We would have had to shut everyone down in say early January. And NOBODY would have gone for that then.... even when Italy started rolling, we struggled to get people to stay home.

As far as the Dems, had Trump suggested a lockdown in January, they would have said it was to draw attention away from the Impeachment.

Again, Im no trump fan. And he and the feds DID fail in a lot of ways. But just the way of the world, this thing was coming no matter what. (Unless we did the impossible)

I'm pretty sure I said it way back in this thread but we were all fucked the moment this got out of Wuhan. If, after everything the Chinese had done to contain it, the virus still got out and started spreading throughout the rest of china it was guaranteed to come here. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm pretty sure I said it way back in this thread but we were all fucked the moment this got out of Wuhan. If, after everything the Chinese had done to contain it, the virus still got out and started spreading throughout the rest of china it was guaranteed to come here. 

Yep and that’s how viruses work.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One thing i think needs to be pointed out, when seeing how the Feds dropped the ball, is that in their defense, we are having a hard time getting people to stay away from each other right now... a month into this thing.

Im not trying to defend trump here. But the ONLY way we could have stopped this thing was to Wuahn America as soon as Wuhan was Wuhanned... (wow). We would have had to shut everyone down in say early January. And NOBODY would have gone for that then.... even when Italy started rolling, we struggled to get people to stay home.

As far as the Dems, had Trump suggested a lockdown in January, they would have said it was to draw attention away from the Impeachment.

Again, Im no trump fan. And he and the feds DID fail in a lot of ways. But just the way of the world, this thing was coming no matter what. (Unless we did the impossible)

Let’s say he did order lockdowns in January and it worked at stopping the spread of the virus. People would be angry at him for the Nazi like quarantine that destroyed our economy that was totally unnecessary. This is just a completely fucked up situation the entire world is dealing with. 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I hadn’t heard this one before 

A buddy sent me some batshit video on IG about 2 weeks ago saying this. It also claimed bill gates is behind it.. because he has been pumping vaccines and donating money to vaccines for years.

You could tell the person who made knows their shit, because it mentioned the pandemic show on netflix, and gates is in it, and then said "coincidence?"

Because most boogiemen leave huge clues out in the open like that.