• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Although wiping your ass with your hand is customary in your neck of the woods, you should always wash it before rubbing your eye.

I wash my hands every time I walk past the sink. I use hand sanitizer constantly. I have no idea what happened but I woke up yesterday with a golfball under my eyelid

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

All jokes aside, eye infections suck. Hope it gets better quickly. 

What more jokes?  

@arch stanton has a Pro Staff infection.  He needs to go to a Top Flite doctor to have it looked at.  Doctor might have to Ping it, to see it's compression.  Hopefully the doctor will clear him to go back to work, so that he can get those Flying Ladies back in the air so that they can Maxfli.  

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Although wiping your ass with your hand is customary in your neck of the woods, you should always wash it before rubbing your eye.

wow, look who thinks he's suddenly an expert on hand washing.

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

What more jokes?  

@arch stanton has a Pro Staff infection.  He needs to go to a Top Flite doctor to have it looked at.  Doctor might have to Ping it, to see it's compression.  Hopefully the doctor will clear him to go back to work, so that he can get those Flying Ladies back in the air so that they can Maxfli.  

Can we put @gotbeer in a separate quarantine forum as punishment? This is unconscionable. 

On 3/21/2020 at 12:56 AM, Brandon said:

I just lean towards science and have been going that route. If you listen to the news or get your info from Twitter or Facebook, you're just a complete moron....some dumb shit was spreading some shit that people with type O blood types are immune to this while no doctor or scientists has proven this. It's just really irresponsible, but it's also the same dumb shits that are raiding stores or fighting/robbing people in these stores and parking lots.

Both sets of videos are informative with solid sources. Dr. Drew seems to be more on the optimism side, while Mr.Osterholm starts with a more severity tone before easing into "we will be fine". And there is a lot of similarities from both, as well. I'd go for Drew if you wanted something easy to digest and Osterholm if you want to get into the nitty gritty of the science. One thing to note is that everyone in science is tracking numbers as a source of data (since there really is none) and one thing to note is Osterholm did his interview on the 10th and Drew did his about a day ago and a lot of info has come out since those 9 days, especially from China where they have been examining and working on correctional methods for a bit longer than us here.

I don't mind opinions, but like the social media world, people are talking matter of factly like they are on the front lines working on containment or cures and it's just highly irresponsible and adding to the panic that the clickbait news is drilling down our throats. 

Dr. Drew apologizes, was 'wrong' about coronavirus threat

"My early comments about equating coronavirus with influenza were wrong. They were incorrect," Dr. Drew said on Saturday, referring to his consistent comments from February and March. "I was part of a chorus that was saying that, and we were wrong. And I want to apologize for that."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/dr-drew-apologizes-was-wrong-about-coronavirus-threat/ar-BB12cbT1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/04/04/coronavirus-government-dysfunction/?arc404=true&fbclid=IwAR24HeuEgYoyzSnUyqw8B5blN2Xfs1g777jkhKeV_rE7-B4zC9eYkdRmVSU

Long, but should be required reading for everyone.

From the beginning, the US response, and especially the federal government's, has been a train wreck of epic proportions. At the end of this, the richest and supposedly most prepared country in the world, will probably have been hit the hardest. 

By the time Donald Trump proclaimed himself a wartime president — and the coronavirus the enemy — the United States was already on course to see more of its people die than in the wars of Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq combined....

the United States will likely go down as the country that was supposedly best prepared to fight a pandemic but ended up catastrophically overmatched by the novel coronavirus, sustaining heavier casualties than any other nation.

It did not have to happen this way. Though not perfectly prepared, the United States had more expertise, resources, plans and epidemiological experience than dozens of countries that ultimately fared far better in fending off the virus.

The failure has echoes of the period leading up to 9/11: Warnings were sounded, including at the highest levels of government, but the president was deaf to them until the enemy had already struck.

The Trump administration received its first formal notification of the outbreak of the coronavirus in China on Jan. 3. Within days, U.S. spy agencies were signaling the seriousness of the threat to Trump by including a warning about the coronavirus — the first of many — in the President’s Daily Brief.

And yet, it took 70 days from that initial notification for Trump to treat the coronavirus not as a distant threat or harmless flu strain well under control, but as a lethal force that had outflanked America’s defenses and was poised to kill tens of thousands of citizens. That more-than-two-month stretch now stands as critical time that was squandered.