• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Sale?

25 minutes ago, RBM said:

It's 34-36 for Price not 35-37. You know that. Why do you do that?

Do you think it strengthens your point if you massage ages like a Dominican 17 year old at an open tryout?

Don't you realize people will notice?

Price is 34 yrs 104 days now.  He will be 34 when the season starts, 35 when it ends, he has 2 more years after that.  You want to go by little league rules and how old he is at start of season, go ahead, but the reality is that he will in fact be 37 when the contract is over.  Thats what im basing it on.
But if you want to split hairs then we would also be paying for Madbum or Kuechels 30-34 then which is still amazing better than Prices ages but i notice you didnt mention them. 

Effectively we could give Madbum 5 years the first 4 would be listed as younger than than Price is now.  Either way you count it, the point is still valid

1 hour ago, floplag said:

People forget, Bumgardner is still only 30.  Keuchel only 31.   I would rather pay for their 31-35 seasons than Prices 35-37 for the same money all day personally. 

Agreed. For the Price of Price ( no pun intended), the Angels have a better chance signing Keuchel and trading for Jon Gray. Financially it works. Keuchel fits beautifully with the infield. Gray is only set to make $5.6M. Add that to Keuchel being priced around $23M and they could afford both at $28.6M total. Price costs $32M this season.

Obviously i'd prefer the Angels to sign Keuchel and trade for Kluber, but financially I doubt Arte wants that. 

11 hours ago, RBM said:

I think you don't understand the age difference. It's four years but you were saying it's five years. I am guessing you looked up their ages because none of us have that shit memorized and if you did look it up then you would know it's four years, not five years but five years strengthens your argument.

So here is how league age is based. It is calculated on the players age on Jul 31. On July 31 Price will be 34 and Bumgarner will be 30. They both have August Birthdays. 4 year difference, not 5.

Bottom line, I'd much rather have MadBum than Price regardless of the real ages. Bumgarner is a Bulldog. I think he will elevate the entire staff.

I get it just fine, im using age at end which is in my view more relevant to the discussion... so what?   Ill file this under bitching just to bitch.  
Either way, as you say, 4 year difference in age, does it matter in the slightest when the first 4 years of one deal which might be only 5 year is what it takes to catch up to the first of 3 on the other? 
Insert literally any numbers you like, 25-32, 28-35... whatever, is it better to pay for the first 5 years of that 7 year span, or the final 3?  

Most Baseball publications use their age as of July 1.

This is Trout's Age 28 Season in 2020, even though he turns 29 in August. This is Bumgarner's age 30 Season, even though he turns 31 in August.

Sale is 31 in March, so it's his Age 31 season, even though he's only 4 months older than Bumgarner.

Price is in his Age 34 season, turns 35 end of August.

1 minute ago, RBM said:

It is not what I say. It has nothing to do with me. It is literally how it works! 

And I have no issue with your point. I took issue with you changing the math to help prove your point. That is all.

No you accused me of altering it, or trying to device, which i did not.    The point stands regardless of the numbers used.  Would you rather pay for the first 3-4 years of a 7 year span or the last?  Thats the difference between Madbum and Price.  Which is to say i have almost no interest in Price unless Bos eats half the deal, which they wont do. 

57 minutes ago, RBM said:

So now you agree he's four, not five years older? You mean you admit to actually being wrong on something? 😂

I've been wrong about a lot of things, but thats also exactly not what i agreed to.  Im going to assume at this point youre back to bitching just to bitch and move on. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2019 at 10:37 AM, floplag said:

No you accused me of altering it, or trying to device, which i did not.    The point stands regardless of the numbers used.  Would you rather pay for the first 3-4 years of a 7 year span or the last?  Thats the difference between Madbum and Price.  Which is to say i have almost no interest in Price unless Bos eats half the deal, which they wont do. 

They did exactly that.

27 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

that prospect was for Betts and the prospect haul for him was less than it would have been if Price was not included even at half of his salary.  

Of course it was, cause everyone pays on of thier top 2-3 kids for rentals.
Meh, not worht arguing, i see spring training is in full force for i told you so posts, lol 

allow me to act as proxy.

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Which is to say i have almost no interest in Price unless Bos eats half the deal, which they wont do. 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

They did exactly that.

5 hours ago, floplag said:

Yes they did.

that's so much easier.

4 hours ago, floplag said:

Of course it was, cause everyone pays on of thier top 2-3 kids for rentals.
Meh, not worht arguing, i see spring training is in full force for i told you so posts, lol 

for one of the best players in baseball.  Cards gave up Carson Kelly and Luke Weaver as well as another prospect last year for Goldy.  You're right.  it's not worth arguing.