• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Sale?

5/145 left for age 31-35.  With a 20m vesting option based on cy young finish in the top ten for 2024.  

Stras got 100m more than that for a similar aged player and Sale is probably better.  BUT - is the arm healthy? 

I'd probably take on that contract if we didn't have to give anything up.   

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

5/145 left for age 31-35.  With a 20m vesting option based on cy young finish in the top ten for 2024.  

Stras got 100m more than that for a similar aged player and Sale is probably better.  BUT - is the arm healthy? 

I'd probably take on that contract if we didn't have to give anything up.   

Didnt we just read hes trying PRP?

I think weve had enough guys like that...

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yeah... that is stay away for sure vibes.

If we had a decent crop of reliable even mid rotation guys, it would maybe be worth the gamble. But hell no with the situation we're in.

Any of these "names" is going to cost, risk or no risk.
i am not 100% on any of them as being any better than whats out there in FA.  They "could" be better sure, but is that worth giving up a bunch of kids we might need or taking on way too much money and having no flexibility?
For Price we could get both MadBum and Kuechel i bet.
If there is one that might justify the risk its Kluber, as he was very consistent pre-injury.
We match up with them at least partially but is giving up Rengifo or Fletcher plus Marsh or Adams, plus a young arm worth having him for 2 years?  IF he comes back to pre-injury, maybe, if not hell no 

I’m guessing everyone who talks about acquiring Price is under the impression that the Red Sox are eating a very good portion of his contract so he will cost less than the reported cost for Mad Bum.  Or they take the entire contract and they throw in a young useful player while getting little in return for him. No one thinks we should give up talent and take on his $96 million over 3 years. There’s too many other options, it’s a buyers market.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m guessing everyone who talks about acquiring Price is under the impression that the Red Sox are eating a very good portion of his contract so he will cost less than the reported cost for Mad Bum.  Or they take the entire contract and they throw in a young useful player while getting little in return for him. No one thinks we should give up talent and take on his $96 million over 3 years. There’s too many other options, it’s a buyers market.  

This

22 minutes ago, floplag said:

Any of these "names" is going to cost, risk or no risk.
i am not 100% on any of them as being any better than whats out there in FA.  They "could" be better sure, but is that worth giving up a bunch of kids we might need or taking on way too much money and having no flexibility?
For Price we could get both MadBum and Kuechel i bet.
If there is one that might justify the risk its Kluber, as he was very consistent pre-injury.
We match up with them at least partially but is giving up Rengifo or Fletcher plus Marsh or Adams, plus a young arm worth having him for 2 years?  IF he comes back to pre-injury, maybe, if not hell no 

Madbum and Keuchel would be at least 35 (20 + 15) for 5 and 3 years. Price will be less. But I don’t know that he’s any better than either of them, and he sure isn’t younger. 

24 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Madbum and Keuchel would be at least 35 (20 + 15) for 5 and 3 years. Price will be less. But I don’t know that he’s any better than either of them, and he sure isn’t younger. 

People forget, Bumgardner is still only 30.  Keuchel only 31.   I would rather pay for their 31-35 seasons than Prices 35-37 for the same money all day personally. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

People forget, Bumgardner is still only 30.  Keuchel only 31.   I would rather pay for their 31-35 seasons than Prices 35-37 for the same money all day personally. 

He’s only thirty, but he has a bunch of innings on his arm. He has started his decline already. He concerns me long term. I have always liked him though.

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

He’s only thirty, but he has a bunch of innings on his arm. He has started his decline already. He concerns me long term.

Granted, but Sale has nearly as many only about a season less, Price has far more.   Hell Verlander has a ton more.  
I dont think its that clear hes started anything.   This last season his K/9 and K/BB ratio and most peripherals were inline with norms.   His projections for 20 are pretty much better than anyone we have right now.  I think youre exaggerating his decline 

10 minutes ago, RBM said:

It's 34-36 for Price not 35-37. You know that. Why do you do that?

Do you think it strengthens your point if you massage ages like a Dominican 17 year old at an open tryout?

Don't you realize people will notice?

he'll be 35 in August