• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Network Panels: What are the Angels doing? They have no pitching!

Chuck

While everyone is praising Rendon as a player and adding that he'll be a great addition to the Angels lineup, rather than focusing on that and focusing on the reported Corey Kluber, Jon Gray interest in trade talks + available FA's still available, these clowns just keep trashing the team for having no pitching. 

Listen guys, the season doesn't start tomorrow and pay attention, there's plenty of options available to improve the staff. You know, the one thing Eppler said he was going to do with Arte's money this offseason. 

So frustrating to listen to. It's almost like they're not even at the winter meetings and without the use of a cell phone and wi-fi. 

angry frustrated GIF by Martin Almgren

Been seeing some responses like this. You can’t tell me that adding a 7 WAR player doesn’t make the team better. He was the best bat on the market and a top 10 MLB position player. Rendon also makes Trout better because he finally has legit protection. This is a win for the Angels. 

the timing was such that there was an opportunity to add an elite player and they took it.  

the pitching options available yesterday are the same as they were today and from day 1 of the off season Billy has said he's focused on pitching.  I think the Angels would have love to sign one of the top arms from this free agent class in Cole, Stras or Wheeler, but sometimes it doesn't work out and for good reason.  

these guys think in one year blocks and Eppler is tasked with thinking on the impact in multiple directions.  

I had given kudos to mlb early on in that they kept things mostly fair and even with less sensationalism than that of ESPN.  They are now moving more toward the big headline because they are playing to ratings.  Clicks and views and tune ins are what make money.  that's all this is.  

They're just like any other talking heads, they say whatever will get a reaction and fuel fire to their low hanging fruit narrative.  

The 3B position has been a black hole for years in this org.  We just solidified it for the next half decade or longer depending on how Rendon holds up.  With some half decent pitching acquisitions, we'll definitely make some noise in the AL.

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes the season hasn't started but they are right.  It is tough to win with what we have on the mound.  I just don't let that shit bother me as we on here know more about what the Angels are doing than National guys.  

Do you think that last year’s performances will not improve with a different pitching coach? I think with some effective coaching, some of consistent pitching mistakes will disappear.  With that said, they need some pitching, but I don’t think they need an entire new staff.

Just now, eligrba said:

Do you think that last year’s performances will not improve with a different pitching coach? I think with some effective coaching, some of consistent pitching mistakes will disappear.  With that said, they need some pitching, but I don’t think they need an entire new staff.

Two guys.  Kluber and Keuchel and if the team is performing at a high level at the deadline go get the best arm you can

I like MLB Network and most of the regulars there.  Minus Harold Reynolds and Chris Russo.

I get what Kenny and Rosenthal were saying, but Arte is not going to tank and tanking has become a less optimal strategy with more teams taking doing it.

Funny things happen in baseball. Teams improve by 25+ wins in one year. It could certainly happen with the Angels.