• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Anthony Rendon (7 years, $245 million)

mmc

On 7/17/2019 at 12:53 PM, UndertheHalo said:

But Ohtani isn’t going to hit everyday and who knows what we’ll be getting out of 1B and catcher.  If you’re thinking about matching up with the Yankees and Astros the Angels could use another power bat.  That’s where the game is now.  It is what it is. 

Rendon is a great player.  Why not think big about pushing to win a World Series.  Arte is a old billionaire.  Win a goddamn ring.   I hope he coughs up the money to push this team right now.  

I dreamed big and posted this into existence.  My post history from this last season is full of extremely hot get Rendon takes.  Never stop posting. 

Also, this is my attempt to make amends for the Harvey business last year.  Which I also posted into existence.  Very sorry still. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Ill say this.

Yes, we need pitching. Same as always.

But regardless of how that shakes out, it will at least be fun again. Not just trout and shohei, with occasional nice hitting from others.

We will finally have a lineup that can mash again.

And all this as the adell era is set to take off... 

35 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Just heard the great news! 

But have one question. Do we have any money left for pitching, because the rotation still looks pretty bad.

Yes, you can go look at the Finances article that is pinned near the top of the L.A. Angels forum and I just updated it about 3 hours ago.

6 minutes ago, Hubs said:

It’s possible the Angels have 5 players with OPS over .900. That’s a murderers row. 

Possible, yes, but very unlikely. Trout and Rendon are locks. Ohtani has a solid chance, although in 400 PA at most. I assume you mean Upton? I think that ship has sailed and I'd be happy with .800 (plus, his career high is .901). Adell? Not yet. La Stella? Unlikely. No one else has a chance.

1 minute ago, ettin said:

We are not done yet either. First base is still a potential fill with a good power bat.

Like Justin Smoak/ Mitch Moreland? Or do you think Thaiss can be that guy? Or Walsh? 

My five potential .900’s are Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, Adell, Upton... 

La Stella, Simmons, Fletcher, Goodwin, should all be .750-850 ish.