• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Anthony Rendon (7 years, $245 million)

mmc

The #Dodgers reportedly didn't think Anthony Rendon wanted to play in Los Angeles. But, apparently playing in Anaheim (and the $245MM) was okay with the star third baseman.... #Angels: mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/angels Dodgers: mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/dodger

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1205053362238083072

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The #Dodgers reportedly didn't think Anthony Rendon wanted to play in Los Angeles. But, apparently playing in Anaheim (and the $245MM) was okay with the star third baseman.... #Angels: mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/angels Dodgers: mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/dodger

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1205053362238083072

@yk9001?

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

It's what I've said for 15 years.  The Angels are Anaheim.  The OC.  Embrace it, dummies.  Don't try to be something you aren't.

The Jets and Giants are in the New Jersey. The NJ. Embrace it, dummies. Don't try to be something you aren't.

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

So if we could have a do over would you take signing Cole and maybe one more starter or what we are doing now with Rendon and maybe 2 starters?

The latter, in a minute.

The Cole money is obscene and would be an albatross around our neck after a few years. Rendon is an instant game changer, and he's going to be a reliably great player for years to come. He's the protection that Trout has needed from day one.

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The latter, in a minute.

The Cole money is obscene and would be an albatross around our neck after a few years. Rendon is an instant game changer, and he's going to be a reliably great player for years to come. He's the protection that Trout has needed from day one.

Yep. I was disappointed we didn't get Cole, but I would honestly rather have Rendon. It's a better contract. More bang for your wang.

17 minutes ago, Bronson said:

So if we could have a do over would you take signing Cole and maybe one more starter or what we are doing now with Rendon and maybe 2 starters?

too early to make that conclusion.  I want to see what we actually get first.  

Cole's contract is stupid but if we'd gotten him for what we offered then I'd be happy.  If we had gotten him for what the Yankees paid and someone else signed Rondon for what we paid him, I would be a little less happy but still reasonably satisfied.  

If we burn Marsh and others to get pitching, I won't be overly thrilled unless its a front of the rotation starter with lots of control.  I can live with trading Rengifo at this point even though I don't want to, but it makes sense.  I hope we don't give up Sandoval even though, again, I guess I could live with it.  If they give up canning for someone with 2 years of control I'm gonna be pissed.  

I also don't love the FA SP options left.  I would lean most to Ryu but they're all fairly risky in my eyes.  I don't think Ryu at 4 years or Bum at 5 years is a good play.  

28 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The thing I perfected?    And then no longer used?

And because of that the Angels had their worst season in 20 years. Do you like history repeating itself? 20 years ago the Angels fired the coaching staff and then traded Jim Edmonds. This time they fired the entire coaching staff and traded Zack Cozart... 

Never mind, keep doing what you are doing. 

8 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

This is from the Astros board regarding the Rendon signing. A main reason I hate the Asstros.

image.png

Thats fine. Others are welcome to their own opinions.

That said, the only texas baseball fans who recently watched a laughable world series choke job and want to mock our offseason im interested in hearing from is Stamm. Miss that guy.