• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia

failos

I obviously like Scioscia but I too was ready for change.  That being said it’s obvious it ended poorly between him and the ball club. The fact he wasn’t at the stadium even once last year, in a year where we lost a player he managed for five or so years, says it all.  I’m not one that assumes drama, but I’m pretty sure he felt slighted by how it ended.  He wanted a 20th season and wasn’t offered that last season. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I obviously like Scioscia but I too was ready for change.  That being said it’s obvious it ended poorly between him and the ball club. The fact he wasn’t at the stadium even once last year, in a year where we lost a player he managed for five or so years, says it all.  I’m not one that assumes drama, but I’m pretty sure he felt slighted by how it ended.  He wanted a 20th season and wasn’t offered that last season. 

Honestly, 19 years is a freaking long time. Most managers don’t get 1/3 of that. The team sucked for the last few years. There’s nothing special about 20 years. It’s meaningless. If he really felt slighted by not reaching an arbitrary point, my respect for him goes down. That’s absurdly petty. 

4 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Honestly, 19 years is a freaking long time. Most managers don’t get 1/3 of that. The team sucked for the last few years. There’s nothing special about 20 years. It’s meaningless. If he really felt slighted by not reaching an arbitrary point, my respect for him goes down. That’s absurdly petty. 

Arbitrary to you but important to him. Only a couple of guys have managed the same team 20 straight years. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Arbitrary to you but important to him. Only a couple of guys have managed the same team 20 straight years. 

It’s that kind of thinking (if true) that proves he had to go. He got complacent and satisfied with having a guaranteed job. He took it for granted. Managers should not be comfortable. It makes them worse at their job. 

10 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

It’s that kind of thinking (if true) that proves he had to go. He got complacent and satisfied with having a guaranteed job. He took it for granted. Managers should not be comfortable. It makes them worse at their job. 

Complacent?  No.  

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why you would bring up Skaggs is beyond me. There was really no reason for him to be at the stadium ...  he bowed out respectively imo. 

1 hour ago, Sean-Regan said:

The team sucked this year. What's your point? We didn't lose this year because Ausmus sucked, just like the last few years we didn't lose because Mike was bad. We didn't have the team to compete from the start of the season, and we had lots of injuries. 

9 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

The team sucked this year. What's your point? We didn't lose this year because Ausmus sucked, just like the last few years we didn't lose because Mike was bad. We didn't have the team to compete from the start of the season, and we had lots of injuries. 

My point was he shouldn’t feel like the team owed him another year. Most teams would’ve kicked him to the curb years earlier. 

Just now, Sean-Regan said:

My point was he shouldn’t feel like the team owed him another year. Most teams would’ve kicked him to the curb years earlier. 

I mean I guess you are right... But that being said I don't think most owners would give a gm 5 years to put together a playoff team. The Red Sox won the title last year and fired their gm this year. So I guess we are "lucky" to have an owner who is willing to be patient.