• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict Cole contract

Dtwncbad

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

I threw out this post for fun and I am already second guessing my own prediction.  I forgot how many really elite pitchers have landed 7 year deals.

I actually hope you're right. But since Cole is pretty much an elite pitcher at this point, he'll get pretty much what he wants.

And I'm OK with the Angels signing him for whatever they end up spending. There has probably never been someone who is needed as badly as the Angels need Cole. 

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Too Many Years/Too Much Money

Do I want the Angels to sign Cole? Yes.  Am I scared to death that he won't be worth the money?  Yes.

Yeah but at this point you can’t let a pitcher like this get away. If he signs with another team and dominates in his mid 30’s like Scherzer then we are all kicking ourselves on what could have been.

Im sacred he won’t be worth the money either but we have no choice at this point. You have to pay him whatever he wants.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2856131-best-landing-spot-for-each-top-2019-mlb-free-agent#slide3

Best Landing Spot for Each Top 2019 MLB Free Agent

image.png

"Bargain signings like Trevor Cahill and Matt Harvey are not going to cut it."

Amen to that... Salary match the highest bidder plus $500,000.

I know that everyone's opinion of the bleacher report leaves a lot to be desired, but you get what you pay for, and their site is free. Who can afford to subscribe to every news and sports outlet on the internet? I know I'm not going too.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Not more per year than Trout, don't you think?

I don’t know probably not but teams get crazy when they’re bidding against themselves. I think Trout if he hit free agency would have gotten more. This is another offseason later. And prices usually go up. So if the Yankees Dodgers etc get crazy this could be a wild offseason. How often to stud ace young free agent pitchers become available?