• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict Cole contract

Dtwncbad

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2856131-best-landing-spot-for-each-top-2019-mlb-free-agent#slide3

Best Landing Spot for Each Top 2019 MLB Free Agent

image.png

"Bargain signings like Trevor Cahill and Matt Harvey are not going to cut it."

Amen to that... Salary match the highest bidder plus $500,000.

I know that everyone's opinion of the bleacher report leaves a lot to be desired, but you get what you pay for, and their site is free. Who can afford to subscribe to every news and sports outlet on the internet? I know I'm not going too.

Interesting that they have Daniel Hudson also going to the Halos, a return after he never got to pitch in a regular season game for them.

9 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I hope Cole signs here but not for that much. I’m hoping that we can get 2-3 new starting pitchers this offseason. Cole would be the most dominant Halo pitcher since Nolan Ryan. 

Not my money. I think we get 2 starters regardless of the cost. Cole and Odorizzi is a nice off-season. 

The Astros’ ability to stay under the $208MM Competitive Balance Tax threshold could very well be a factor, as Crane said that he would “prefer not to” exceed the number, “but we may win the World Series, so you never know.”  That last comment could be interpreted in a couple of different ways — a long postseason run would add extra revenue to the team’s coffers, and perhaps provide the extra funds necessary to splurge for Cole.  Or, Crane could be making a reference to the Astros’ competitive window, as winning a second championship in three years could spur the franchise to exceed their financial comfort zone in pursuit of becoming a mini-dynasty.

28 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

The Astros’ ability to stay under the $208MM Competitive Balance Tax threshold could very well be a factor, as Crane said that he would “prefer not to” exceed the number, “but we may win the World Series, so you never know.”  That last comment could be interpreted in a couple of different ways — a long postseason run would add extra revenue to the team’s coffers, and perhaps provide the extra funds necessary to splurge for Cole.  Or, Crane could be making a reference to the Astros’ competitive window, as winning a second championship in three years could spur the franchise to exceed their financial comfort zone in pursuit of becoming a mini-dynasty.

So does that mean we are rooting for Tampa Bay to get "lucky" ?

6 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

Oh hell man, I live in Houston.  If the Astros win again I am gonna puke.