• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your favorite Angelswin argument of all time

I don't really see cops going into costco in uniform unless it's for a call nor do I hear about them being desert rats.  I think firefighters take more flack than cops here by quite a bit. 

Its an interesting dynamic.  A surprising number of posters just flat out hate cops.

The flak for firefighters here is pretty high, but I think its mostly kinda done in fun (except for when someone gets all pissed off because their uncle is a firefighter or something).  I think people hate the pensions more than the firemen themselves.

The Lackey threads had some great discussions.  "STFU and pitch", AIR's "The Lackey Line" thread were gold.

The "Lackey Appreciation Thread" was awesome as well.  Chuck created it as a sincere appreciation thread, and three or four posts in, somebody dropped "Thanks for Game 7, asshole."  Hilarity ensued.

• 3 years later...

man, what a great re-read. i started laughing hard remembering the tipping threads and the one with the dog shit ugly asian chick that was modeling on some car.

some that weren't mentioned:

- the first time halo thunder made his presence, the dude actually dropped teofilo stevenson

- on the espn board, i was new and saw you guys talked about stuff other than baseball so i asked legal advice pertaining getting a speeding ticket on my way to vegas, i got ripped to shreds

- i don't remember who, but someone on the espn board went on a trip to brazil and posted updates about their debauchery

st1ckboy vs. Tank. And then the time when Brandon got fed up with the repetitive st1ckboy references, and there was a post on the political forum about the transgender bathroom debate and there was a conversation that went something like:

Person 1: "It's simple. If you're a man, you go to the men's restroom. If you're a woman, you go to the women's restroom."
Person 2: "Or if you're both you go to st1ckboy's house. Right, Brandon?"

I forget who Person 2 was.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

How did I not post in this thread until just now? There are so many great arguments and great threads over the years.  My favorite thread was probably, "The results are in". As for favorite argument, that's a tough one.  

What was the subject of that thread? It's sounds so familiar but I can't remember what it was about.

Anyone remember the guy who lost his car in a parking lot near the stadium, then came on here the day after to ask for advice on how to find it?  That one made me laugh.

The FAIL thread may be the best. I loved the one of the girl with the long hair in the bowl of soup. Firefighters was epic too.

On 11/8/2016 at 8:40 PM, Stringfellow said:

man, what a great re-read. i started laughing hard remembering the tipping threads and the one with the dog shit ugly asian chick that was modeling on some car.

some that weren't mentioned:

- the first time halo thunder made his presence, the dude actually dropped teofilo stevenson

- on the espn board, i was new and saw you guys talked about stuff other than baseball so i asked legal advice pertaining getting a speeding ticket on my way to vegas, i got ripped to shreds

- i don't remember who, but someone on the espn board went on a trip to brazil and posted updates about their debauchery

I remember your speeding ticket thread. sometime around July of 2004, right?  didn't you claim to be going 135 in an Infiniti G35?