• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your favorite Angelswin argument of all time

On 11/10/2016 at 7:42 AM, Kevin said:

All I need to know is if Rondons still hold the same value as they did two years ago?

What's crazy is most of these threads being talked about are from the Hangout forum, the Rondon thread, which I don't even remember which thread it was, but it was definitely in the main forum.  Oh and to answer your question, Rondons are more valuable now than ever.  It only took a few to get you Andrew Miller and Chapman.  

48 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What's crazy is most of these threads being talked about are from the Hangout forum, the Rondon thread, which I don't even remember which thread it was, but it was definitely in the main forum.  Oh and to answer your question, Rondons are more valuable now than ever.  It only took a few to get you Andrew Miller and Chapman.  

I believe it was the "Street trade" thread.

• 2 years later...

I can't stop laughing. I was going to bump all of the highlights in this thread but I only made it through the first 4 pages. 

Enjoy.

On May 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM, yk9001 said:

I'd go with the crying poker player.  Don't even remember his name.  I know that thread (and ensuing ones) pissed off a lot of people, but man, did I laugh for days.

List yours.

On May 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM, HaloCory22 said:

Firefighter thread. No doubt.

On May 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM, RallyMo said:

"Common Courtesy" is way ahead of everything else as far as I'm concerned.

On May 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM, st1ckboy said:

azangle vs. everyone 

On May 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM, yk9001 said:

I was going to mention to not even list Common Courtesy, since its such a slam dunk winner.

On May 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Tank said:

one of my favorites was when lifetime was trying to convince all of us that golfers only hit on the upswing.

On May 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM, RallyMo said:

This is what it's like when doves cry.

Damn, that thread was great.

On May 23, 2013 at 12:59 PM, mtangelsfan said:

Since I was the pretty much the driving force of this one, I'll pick the lady complaining about the Victoria's Secret poster at the mall.

On May 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM, InsideThePark said:

Chad challenging Adam to an IQ test at the library.

On May 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM, 1nutkruk said:

This wasn't an argument thread but it kept me rolling.  It was about the guy porking his patio table.  The responses were epic.

On May 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Brandon said:

Man this was an awesome idea YK, I forgot about a couple of these.

Dating back to the ESPN days Chad had some thread about marijuana or probably politics that was amazing.....just my first experience that sports message boards weren't just about sports.

With the poker one, it didn't seem like a big deal. Some got the idea of the math and millions lost with one card and others just saw a fat kid in a Mariners Jersey (Matt Affleck....I strangely still remember the dude) crying. But there were some gems there.

Some great ones mentioned, Firefighters was grand, I totally forgot about the Victoria Secret one....that was awesome. Same with genetic mutants. Patio furniture was great.

There were a few tipping threads, but the one about the chick fired for posting the receipt on Facebook is the one that I think triggered the huge war. Not only that, but a bunch of us even took it off the board and started trolling Facebook pages that supported the chick and were posting gems back in the thread lol.

Cory's dating thread was awesome. m0nkey and his cupcakes. YK had one about lawn shavings and throwing eggs or shit on his neighbors garage....the thread about things his dad says was rad too. I started one about Google searches that started with "Black people...." and the drop down had "stole my bike", that was a fun one. I remember having too much fun with dating stories that ruffled some feathers (as it should have and looking back I was probably in the wrong a few times) and started the Gentlemens Forum. I actually remember the exact girl and scenario fondly and corresponding posts.

I'm drawing a blank coming up with others. I remember a political forum thread about guns or self defense that got amazingly out of line.

Good times.

On May 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Brandon said:

Who can forget the hot chicks with douchebags thread that wasn't just awesome, but Victor owned Adams life by taking a MySpace pic of him with some hottie on his shoulders and just dropping it with no caption in the middle of all the posts.

On May 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Adam said:

Yeah dude, that was the best burn in the history of burns. I think that pic is gonzo though. Man, victor will be daddy forever after that 

On May 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Futch Winkleman said:

Tad's grand entrance on the old board was pretty epic.  "Do you have my support?"

Comparing his plight of security taking away his drumsticks to the events of 9/11 was priceless.

On May 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM, yk9001 said:

Going WAAAYYY back, Chad (SAAngels) thread about his name change protest was awesome.  For those who weren't around 10 years ago, he and a couple of his friends stood on a street corner near the stadium.  The protest didn't exactly change Arte's mind.

LTH's homoerotic post about him and his man date popping open a bottle of Champagne at Coit tower up in SF to celebrate the 2004 division championship was unforgettable.

I had forgotten Matt Afleck's name.

On May 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Taylor said:

Ibis Klinefelter's criticism of Major League Baseball players for being pretentious.

On May 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM, DowningRules said:

How has Chad's thread about the evil of Thanksgiving and the white man's destruction of indians not been mentioned.  That was a beauty.  I took the bait and tee'd off.  Wasted a whole day of, well, posting in another thread.

On May 24, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Brandon said:

The Buffalo chick that rampaged kids to get autographs and spilled some dudes beer and wanted sympathy.

On May 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Blarg said:
On May 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM, gotbeer said:

Ok, were most of these in the Political forum?  Don't recognize many of them, and I troll a lot.

I clearly remember someone going ape shit over Percy's HALT graphic accusing him of a Nazi salute.

On May 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Brandon said:

Random laughter:

In the "I almost had a heart attack" thread. Stick dropped the doves cry line and you thought it was over for.serious laughter. Then out of the blue Tom P makes an entrance, and I believe those were his first posts, and it all started over again.

On May 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Bruce Nye said:

"Common Courtesy" is the all time thread, but I will read all of these pages.

Stick's line brought tears to my eyes.  I was in an office and had to get up and close the doors.

10 hours ago, Lou said:

@yk9001  Merry Christmas!

(but the mariners)

A puffy, doughy man boy who cries when the cards don't flip his way.  It's even better watching years later.

The bonus I don't remember is the big sniffle into the mic at the end, after he's thrown something and is leaned up against the door.

btw, Affleck is the first poker player ever to have aces cracked, right?

On 5/24/2013 at 10:20 AM, Brandon said:

Speaking of puking, when did the hilarious pic of the monkey throwing up grace us?

I remember the amazement, but not.the origin.

That was fantastic.  You just weren't ready to see an actual monkey in a human setting, having just puked.

The poker video is funny to watch thinking back to that thread. I had to laugh when it happened.

But knowing the math from playing full time that is still a crazy hand and call by Duhamel in that spot, just factoring the spot in the tournament and their chip stacks. You always hope to get it in good like Matt did. That was also the turning point in the tournament as Duhamel ended up going on to win for 8.9 million while Matt busted in 15th for 500k. You should never make that call there which why his laugh into his sweater is even funnier.

I still wish there was a way to dig up some of the old ESPN threads. We left a gold mine over there.

I'll still never forget being new and one of the first memorable posts I read was some dudes write up about his trip to Brazil....just partying, hookers, and I think drugs. Just wild to see amongst posts about Jarrod Washburn's smirk when he gave up a HR and debates about Randy Velarde's place in Angels history.

On May 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM, InsideThePark said:

Laura Diaz was a good one.

mp's thread about how women enjoy being stalked because it makes them feel desirable was an instant classic. I haven't been able to take any of his posts seriously since.

On May 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Kevin said:

I remember Brandon asking Cubsphil some advice for working out at the gym. Lifetime told him it was unwise to get work out tips from a gym rat. He then used the emoticon with the wagging finger. That was pretty good. 

On May 28, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Brandon said:

Laura Diaz was going run of the mill until homes dropped the beach house, three Porsche's, and a trophy wife.

I wish I could relive the stalking thread. I don't remember the posts, but do the thread topic. I thought it was one of the better leveling/troll threads. Good classic.

The Cubsphil and I workout exchange was even better because we were just sharing workout routines as we were both hitting it.....like dudes at the gym helping each other out. But LT came out of nowhere like internet laws were being broken and treated it like two posters talking about aids medications that a doctor seriously was needed. The not wise and hand shaking emoticon were long time staples here and was a gem. Not just reprimanding others, but throwing an wmoticon with it....brilliant. I think he ended up having a laugh with it as well, so props to him.

Speaking of Cubsphil, there was a thread where he was talking about hanging out with chicks but had too much swag for them. It was grand.

On May 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM, InsideThePark said:

The thing about the stalking thread is that it wasn't a troll thread. He sincerely believed that women enjoyed being stalked because it boosted their self-esteem. He and his friend came up with that conclusion and he brought it to the board. I would pay to see how that conversation went down.

The gym thing with you, LT, and cubsphil was another great moment. You and LT weren't really getting along back then... so when LT saw you ask cubsphil about his routine, he was looking to instigate; he told you that it was not wise of you to ask an adolescent (forgot how old he was at the time) for advice. Beautiful things were said between the two of you after that; it was a memorable day in the hangout.

The swagger thing with cubsphil was pretty sweet too. For a while, cubsphil was the low key young dude who everybody liked... but then he started posting more and a lot of odd things started coming out of him. That's when he started going off in the GC about how he and his friends have swagger and the threesome he was having with girls who weren't 'sluts'. I think he hit rock bottom when he changed his avatar to a pic of some random muscular guy who had his shirt off. I get that he was all into fitness and whatnot but that may have been overdoing it.

On May 28, 2013 at 1:40 AM, Brandon said:

lol, you are bringing it back. I didn't really remember posts as much as I remember thinking he couldn't be serious. But when you mention the buddy it's coming back.

It's actually funny to look back at LT and I because we agree on a lot or have similar views. It was like a battle of two dudes that could always argue their point and justify it to be correct....good times. I remember Rally mentioned in the political forum that LT should change his name to Government Guy, so of course I created the name and had fun much like Rally does as English Cop.....which really needs a come back.

The best part of the Cubs thread was the "but they aren't sluts, I just have swag" line. Looking back things did get odd. Remember when he was posting in the GC and they looked like trannies bit he was enamored because they had great calves or some shit?

On May 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM, InsideThePark said:

Lol, he would post pics of women with the manliest bodies and talk about how hot they were; it was disgusting.

Actually English Cop is back. He hit somebody up in the political forum the other day. I'm still hoping for a Government Guy comeback at some point.

Remember Tad vs victor?

LOL