• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your favorite Angelswin argument of all time

I remember Brandon asking Cubsphil some advice for working out at the gym. Lifetime told him it was unwise to get work out tips from a gym rat. He then used the emoticon with the wagging finger. That was pretty good. 

Laura Diaz was going run of the mill until homes dropped the beach house, three Porsche's, and a trophy wife.

I wish I could relive the stalking thread. I don't remember the posts, but do the thread topic. I thought it was one of the better leveling/troll threads. Good classic.

The Cubsphil and I workout exchange was even better because we were just sharing workout routines as we were both hitting it.....like dudes at the gym helping each other out. But LT came out of nowhere like internet laws were being broken and treated it like two posters talking about aids medications that a doctor seriously was needed. The not wise and hand shaking emoticon were long time staples here and was a gem. Not just reprimanding others, but throwing an wmoticon with it....brilliant. I think he ended up having a laugh with it as well, so props to him.

Speaking of Cubsphil, there was a thread where he was talking about hanging out with chicks but had too much swag for them. It was grand.

The thing about the stalking thread is that it wasn't a troll thread. He sincerely believed that women enjoyed being stalked because it boosted their self-esteem. He and his friend came up with that conclusion and he brought it to the board. I would pay to see how that conversation went down.

The gym thing with you, LT, and cubsphil was another great moment. You and LT weren't really getting along back then... so when LT saw you ask cubsphil about his routine, he was looking to instigate; he told you that it was not wise of you to ask an adolescent (forgot how old he was at the time) for advice. Beautiful things were said between the two of you after that; it was a memorable day in the hangout.

The swagger thing with cubsphil was pretty sweet too. For a while, cubsphil was the low key young dude who everybody liked... but then he started posting more and a lot of odd things started coming out of him. That's when he started going off in the GC about how he and his friends have swagger and the threesome he was having with girls who weren't 'sluts'. I think he hit rock bottom when he changed his avatar to a pic of some random muscular guy who had his shirt off. I get that he was all into fitness and whatnot but that may have been overdoing it.

lol, you are bringing it back. I didn't really remember posts as much as I remember thinking he couldn't be serious. But when you mention the buddy it's coming back.

It's actually funny to look back at LT and I because we agree on a lot or have similar views. It was like a battle of two dudes that could always argue their point and justify it to be correct....good times. I remember Rally mentioned in the political forum that LT should change his name to Government Guy, so of course I created the name and had fun much like Rally does as English Cop.....which really needs a come back.

The best part of the Cubs thread was the "but they aren't sluts, I just have swag" line. Looking back things did get odd. Remember when he was posting in the GC and they looked like trannies bit he was enamored because they had great calves or some shit?

That was actually towards the end of Tad's tenure. He got banned right after that. Do you remember that night when him and victor were going at it... victor was on the offensive and then Tad responded with something like, "Uh huh, yeah... Don't phase me!" He deleted it about an hour later but some of us gotta see it and it was a joy.

The t-shirt thing was pretty cool. The ongoing saga with his breakup with Megan (I think that was her name) was epic. He got so in depth with their situation but then he'd hate it if anyone brought up her name. For some reason, I remember Tank making references about her at the best times.

I must be off I thought the Tad/Vic deal was when he was new and asking about support about his troops and Victor went off. I went to a few games with Vic that year and know he was in the area that Tad annoyed. I thought that aspect played a part in it. Tad did drop some gems. I actually hope that dude is doing well.

I was trying to remember a lot of the ESPN ones. I came just after the ass birth in 2003. I know it is well remembered with the likes of SAAngel's posts and name change protest.

i joined during ESPN days too and came along to the new site.

and promptly got banned because ya'll thought i was a troll.

thanks for making me feel welcome.

.. jerks.

Most of us liked you, but Adam insisted on teaching you a lesson.

Allegedly.

one of my favorites was when lifetime was trying to convince all of us that golfers only hit on the upswing.

I loved the progression of his argument too. 

-all golf swings make contact on the upswing

-no you are all wrong, they make contact on the upswing

-some golfers make contact on the upswing

-golfers only hit the ball on the upswing when using the driver

-some golfers hit the ball on the upswing using their driver

-what are you talking about, I never said all clubs, I only said some do while using the driver.

Classic lifetime