• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your favorite Angelswin argument of all time

21 hours ago, Taylor said:

st1ckboy vs. Tank. And then the time when Brandon got fed up with the repetitive st1ckboy references, and there was a post on the political forum about the transgender bathroom debate and there was a conversation that went something like:

Person 1: "It's simple. If you're a man, you go to the men's restroom. If you're a woman, you go to the women's restroom."
Person 2: "Or if you're both you go to st1ckboy's house. Right, Brandon?"

I forget who Person 2 was.

jesus. it still tilts me.

i get maybe running with it more than 30 times if others respond or find it funny, but it got to the point that stickboy wasn't even around anymore and tank would drop it constantly. i think where i said something was he used it around 10 times in a couple hour stretch and every post i saw from him in any forum had a stickboy mention. i think he ran with that only him inside joke for a couple years.

18 hours ago, Stradling said:

It was the one with all the graphs.  

Things Rick Ashley will do:

What Meatloaf will do for love pie chart

Flow Chart of Doves Cry

this one went on a long time. i think i saw it on myspace and brought it here and we made it better. this was another thread that killed a whole day.

10 hours ago, wopphil said:

I remember your speeding ticket thread. sometime around July of 2004, right?  didn't you claim to be going 135 in an Infiniti G35?

lol, great memory!

how the hell did you remember the month?

i was new and saw you dudes would give advice or help out in various life situations so i threw mine out there because i saw some of you dudes were lawyers, but i got ripped to shreds and people were saying they hoped i got the book thrown at me. it was true espn/aw fashion because the point of the thread/help was that the police officer was outside his car writing someone else a ticket and didn't have the proper position to determine my speed (which the judge agreed with), but the focus became that i was speeding and then when i mentioned how fast i was going people lost their shit on that, then the thread derailed to what the top end speed was of the car because i literally floored it for long stretches and maxed it out at 149, but people wanted to argue that. looking back, total espn/aw thread where the question never got answered but everyone had an opinion on everything else.

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone remember the Brandon buying a watch thread?  People were appalled at him spending that much money on a watch, and Brandon was unapologetic about it.  That was fun.  

lol, i forgot about this one.

i was sincerely looking for advice and people lost their shit until finally people started posting "he can do what he wants with his money" and it died down. i think random shit like charity and homeless people came up. what i remember most was because of the backlash i got a bunch of pm's about various brands, etc. and went with one of them. people were just afraid to post in the thread because of the random hate.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We need a thread like that again.  Make the Hangout Forum Great Again

dude, i had way too much time on my hands back then.

i literally went to work just to be on myspace, here, and talk to chicks all day.

speaking of which, that was kind of a classic thread. i won't get into the details, but basically i gave a detailed account of one of the chicks i smashed. being a good ol' boys club here, most were kind of egging me on and keeping the thread going, but we had a more female presence here plus some of the dudes found it disgusting. when the hate started to come in yk made it worse by saying he thought me smashing random chicks was great and it set it off again.

and that is how the adult forum/gentlemens club was born.

4 minutes ago, Stringfellow said:

i was sincerely looking for advice and people lost their shit until finally people started posting "he can do what he wants with his money" and it died down. i think random shit like charity and homeless people came up. what i remember most was because of the backlash i got a bunch of pm's about various brands, etc. and went with one of them. people were just afraid to post in the thread because of the random hate.

Yea, I like watches, but I've never gone crazy.  I did recently buy a Longines, but more of an entry level one.  I also have a nice one (well nice for me, not nice for watch enthusiasts) from Hawaii.  I think it is a Na Hoku, very good looking but heavy watch with Koa wood and stainless steel.  

38 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone remember the Brandon buying a watch thread?  People were appalled at him spending that much money on a watch, and Brandon was unapologetic about it.  That was fun.  

Or the $200 pair of jeans.

51 minutes ago, Stringfellow said:

lol, great memory!

how the hell did you remember the month?

i was new and saw you dudes would give advice or help out in various life situations so i threw mine out there because i saw some of you dudes were lawyers, but i got ripped to shreds and people were saying they hoped i got the book thrown at me. it was true espn/aw fashion because the point of the thread/help was that the police officer was outside his car writing someone else a ticket and didn't have the proper position to determine my speed (which the judge agreed with), but the focus became that i was speeding and then when i mentioned how fast i was going people lost their shit on that, then the thread derailed to what the top end speed was of the car because i literally floored it for long stretches and maxed it out at 149, but people wanted to argue that. looking back, total espn/aw thread where the question never got answered but everyone had an opinion on everything else.

I was actually going to say "150 mph," because that was my recollection, but thought maybe time was exaggerating my memory. and the only reason I remember the month is because I was working in Phoenix at the time. I had just found the boards weeks before your post.

29 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I was actually going to say "150 mph," because that was my recollection, but thought maybe time was exaggerating my memory. and the only reason I remember the month is because I was working in Phoenix at the time. I had just found the boards weeks before your post.

actually you're right and was what prompted the speed argument. it maxed out at 149, but some portions with a downslope i hit 150. suddenly the board became top gear with master mechanics arguing about the validity of the speed.

i was headed out to vegas to meet a buddy for the supercross final they have out there, so whenever they run that. but sounds about right.

i almost made it to vegas in 3 hours, but after i got popped i was harassed the rest of the way and drove so slow that i ended getting there in the normal time. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

This is so good, because one can buy 501s online on Cyber Monday for something like $30-$40 each.

no offense, but there is a huge difference between 501's and quality jeans....comfort, build, and material. i have 501's and they just feel cheap and stiff or rough.

never been a fan of buying online either, a bad fit is such a deal breaker. plus, waiting to buy jeans once a year would be rough. i hate shopping, i just want to grab a bunch of shit when i need it, make sure it fits well, and be done.

I've spent $200 on a pair of Diesel jeans and they're sick as fuc*! Most comfortable and best fitting jeans I own, too.

I've spent $500 on an awesome watch with a limited release of only 480 of them made. I love it.

I don't see what the problem is spending money on stuff that you enjoy if you can afford it.

However what this brings to mind is that thread where people gave that one dude shit for buying a jersey and not being able to pay his bills LOL

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

The early Tad threads were classic.  He was basically a less stable version of TrollDaddy, but FAR more interesting.  

Tad was entertaining to watch at the view level during the halo games wearing his WWE belt with his crew following him to root for the Angels.

8 hours ago, Stringfellow said:

Admit it, you took mrwiked's advice and went with the Swatch over the Casio with the keypad.

31 minutes ago, JAHV76 said:

Tad was entertaining to watch at the view level during the halo games wearing his WWE belt with his crew following him to root for the Angels.

Wasn't there a thread where he talked about getting a car from the Angels that resulted in a big fight with his girlfriend?

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

I've spent $200 on a pair of Diesel jeans and they're sick as fuc*! Most comfortable and best fitting jeans I own, too.

I've spent $500 on an awesome watch with a limited release of only 480 of them made. I love it.

I don't see what the problem is spending money on stuff that you enjoy if you can afford it.

However what this brings to mind is that thread where people gave that one dude shit for buying a jersey and not being able to pay his bills LOL

A whole $500 on a watch, wow. did it include a day glo band?

ha, i didn't want to say anything about the price point on that one. definitely wouldn't have been in that old thread.....or maybe it would have. i think people chimed in with their price points or max price points. it was kind of cute though, some people thought a couple hundred was top of the line while a few of us were talking a couple grand.

34 minutes ago, Richard said:

Wasn't there a thread where he talked about getting a car from the Angels that resulted in a big fight with his girlfriend?

I don't know about a car but he and the girlfriend argued during the games and then he posted some cryptic YouTube video on AW before moving to AZ