• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun’s last 1206 plate appearances...

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Are you questioning Angels management?

Not really, honestly. It wasn’t a bad contract when it was signed. Calhoun had earned that money through several 3-4 WAR seasons and was supposed to be in his prime. He’s taken a huge dump obviously. I get why they were patient and tried to let him rebound. I’m wondering when their patience comes to an end on this one

28 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Not really, honestly. It wasn’t a bad contract when it was signed. Calhoun had earned that money through several 3-4 WAR seasons and was supposed to be in his prime. He’s taken a huge dump obviously. I get why they were patient and tried to let him rebound. I’m wondering when their patience comes to an end on this one

When his contract buy out is exercisable or Adell is ready.

15 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I was very adamant about trading him 3 years ago. I'm just some poster on a message board though what the hell do I know.

Based on your actual track record?  Not much.  Look who tends to agree with you on a regular basis.   Look at that score card first, then look at that time you were “right”.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Based on your actual track record?  Not much.  Look who tends to agree with you on a regular basis.   Look at that score card first, then look at that time you were “right”.  

I wanted to trade Wood, Adenhart, Kendrick and Santana or basically any young player they wanted for Miguel Cabrera.

I didn't trust in giving the 3rd base job to Dallas Mac. 

I wanted to keep Torii Hunter.

I didn't want to trade Segura for Greinke.

I wanted to sign Beltre.

I wanted to sign Prince Fielder.

I never suggested trading for Vernon Wells or signing Pujols or Hamilton or having a revolving door in LF and 3rd base.

I wanted to trade pretty much the whole team in 2016 and reload with the players we got in return and in FA.

I wanted Scioscia gone 5 years ago.

I wanted Shoe back and there's no way in hell I would have signed Harvey for 11 million.

There are other things too I can't think of right now that I didn't want to happen or stated my dissatisfaction when they did. My only questionable moves would be that I wanted to sign Heyward(but not for what the Cubs paid him)for 8/160 if I remember correctly which he hasn't been worth so far despite his good start to this season so far. He's been hurt in Chicago though so maybe he doesn't get hurt in Anaheim or maybe he is the exact same player and I wanted to sign Carl Crawford but for less money than the Sox paid him.

Now, I don't know what our alternatives have done in the meantime but I doubt they were as good or better than Crawford. Kole might have a better WAR than Heyward but I'm not sure. My point is, I do have a pretty good track record. You just seem to eat up any moves the Angels do or don't make so you can't be objective when it comes to their failures.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

AW poster strength of schedule is so underrated.

It is.   If guys like Doc and IP don’t agree with you then you’re probably full of shit.  Of Lou has you on “I agree” speed dial, yea, you probably have a reputation that’s less than stellar. 

Well, Upton isn't returning until June. I think the Angel's can cross that bridge when they get there. Maybe Goodwin keeps hitting and Calhoun doesn't and they make the switch. Maybe Hermosillo comes off the IL and takes in AAA earning another shot. Maybe Marsh or Adell got so well they force the Angels hand early. Maybe the team deems Rojas or Walsh OF worthy. Maybe another quality OF option hits the waiver wire. 

A lot can happen. 

i think anyone who earnestly claims that they anticipated Calhoun’s rapid transformation into a shitty bat is a liar.  

Kole Calhoun is a bad every day player now.  He has been for the previous 2 seasons.  It is what it is.  He’s useful as a defensive RF and he’s a good runner.   The guy could be a useful part of a good baseball team based on that.  This being his last year.  He’s probably tradable if the Angels kick a small amount of money in AND he continues bat like .200 or whatever.  A return to last years performance and he’s a DFA candidate.  

Whatever happens, if Goodwin continues to preform (and we’ll see it’s been like 2 weeks) when the OF is healthy the Angels definitely should not defer to Kole Calhoun.  The Angels should not bullshit with players that suck.  Whether it is Calhoun or Pujols or Cozart.  In the past I could semi accept that there weren’t alternatives.  That’s not true anymore.  We’ll see what they do. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

It is.   If guys like Doc and IP don’t agree with you then you’re probably full of shit.  Of Lou has you on “I agree” speed dial, yea, you probably have a reputation that’s less than stellar. 

don't ask me.  I picked Calhoun to be league avg. this year.  

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

2020 $1M club option 

bye bye

1m buyout of a 14m option.  

Another thing to keep in mind is that he's been forced to play more than he likely would due to injuries and poor performance of others.  Ideally he'd have a platoon partner because he's poor vs. lefties.  So far this year he's 0/11 with 1bb.  

but with Cozart and Bourjos be so awful and injuries to Trout, Ohtani and Upton, anyone who could take his place in RF like Fletcher or even Goodwin are relegated to other spots.  

It would be nice to get to a point where someone like Fletcher could see some time in RF vs. lefties.