• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

It's somewhat of a wreck of sorts but Shorecliffs has a prepay special for $21 for 18 holes with cart and range balls. Challenging course even if it's not attractive.

I bought a few rounds. It's a M-F special I can add link if anybody interested.

I used to do the shorecliffs back 9 and breakfast deal in the mornings...could finish 9 before 8 oclock and be to work on time.  Like you said not an attractive course but it is definitely challenging...gotta be a straight shooter on that course.

I used to do the shorecliffs back 9 and breakfast deal in the mornings...could finish 9 before 8 oclock and be to work on time. Like you said not an attractive course but it is definitely challenging...gotta be a straight shooter on that course.

When I played it a couple years ago it was a dogtrack. And you and I would definitely F some shit up on the course. Last time out I nailed my partners' cart

Anyone ever blast an animal with a shot?

I nailed a deer once at a course in Laguna beach

Got a crow once on the range.  It was pretty brutal.

Think I shot one of my best rounds ever that day though.  High 80s at Santa Anita.

Edited by nate

I hit my buddy right in the leg in high school, he made the funniest noise I've ever heard him made and collapsed.  I couldn't help but start cracking up laughing (he was okay).  I would say it was the worst shot of my life but that would be a complete lie.

Labor day about 12 years ago.  My buddy (not a good golfer) totally shanks his third shot on a par 5 18th hole.  He is way right and has to hit sideways...a driving range is on the left side of the green.  Hits the purest wedge he has ever hit and it goes 50 yards over the green into the range.  We are yelling "fore" and this pregnant lady turns around and the ball tags her in the head.  Blood everywhere and the husband starts yelling at us asking why we didn't yell "fore".  We told him we did and that is why his wife looked.  Then he said we did it wrong, we should yell "fore" and pointing to the ball... he was obviously hysterical.  So my friend goes over there and asks what he can do and the husband gets in his face and says to just get the hell off the course and this is the second time this has happened in 6 months.  I left a number with guy to call if he needed anything.  He never did call.  

So needless to say we are driving home and it is completely silent.  No one is saying a word.  Then after about 10 minutes, another buddy just says "second time in 6 months?!?!?!?!?."

I send a text to my buddy every Labor Day reminding him of that shot.

I was playing a par 5 once and I hit  the best cart path drive ever.  It honestly bounced about 7 times on the path.  It ended up being over 400 yards.  The problem was I hit a guy in the group ahead of us.  He turned around and started to yell.  I drove up and apologized and explained what happened.  He said that once he started to yell and turned around and saw how far he was away he kind of felt dumb because we were so far away he thought it was from another hole.

I eagled that hole!

I have killed a little praire dog.  Little guy was hemorrhaging when I walked up there.  It was gross.   

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Anaheim Hills, I've never hit an animal but twice in a row I hit a power line there on number 14 (I think).  Downhill par four at the top part of the course.  Hit a perfect four iron and the ball hit the power line.  I was pissed, so I teed up another one and hit it again.  I think those two four irons were the purest I ever hit that club.

I never found either ball.

• 1 year later...

played today at scholl canyon, an executive 18 here in glendale. first time i've played in over a year. got a new pair of golf shoes this past week and have been anxious to get out there and swing the sticks in my new body. ended up shooting an 83 with two pars and a birdie. putting really sucked but i think that's mostly due to how much the greens sucked - just a little tap and the ball was gone on too many holes. part of it was rust on my part and a serious lack of touch around the greens.

felt really good to get out there. besides the fun of playing, the best part is that my knees held up very well. i'm a little sore tonight, but not too terrible. 

ordered a new golf bag from amazon and it'll be here in a week, and i'm really looking forward to getting it.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm gonna go hit a bucket of balls at scholl canyon tomorrow morning. anyone want to join me? need to get the feeling back into my muscle memory. also have a new driver to try out, a taylor made R15. bought it used a couple of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i'm gonna go hit a bucket of balls at scholl canyon tomorrow morning. anyone want to join me? need to get the feeling back into my muscle memory. also have a new driver to try out, a taylor made R15. bought it used a couple of weeks ago.

You'll like the R15.  Although I ditched mine for a Callaway XR.  Needed something more simple.  Playing Brookside tomorrow if you are interested Tank.  10:12 AM time on Nay (yeah I know Nay, but last I played was Kornier, so wanted a change)  Anyways, should get you back in time for the game.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

You'll like the R15.  Although I ditched mine for a Callaway XR.  Needed something more simple.  Playing Brookside tomorrow if you are interested Tank.  10:12 AM time on Nay (yeah I know Nay, but last I played was Kornier, so wanted a change)  Anyways, should get you back in time for the game.

Thnx for the invite, GB. The excessive amount of rust in my game is too much right now to go out there and not humiliate myself. I'll be more in game shape the end of March. Let's try to get 18 in then.

looking forward to swinging this big boy. First time trying an adjustable weight club.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

Thnx for the invite, GB. The excessive amount of rust in my game is too much right now to go out there and not humiliate myself. I'll be more in game shape the end of March. Let's try to get 18 in then.

looking forward to swinging this big boy. First time trying an adjustable weight club.

Hint.  Start off with the weights at the opposite extremes.  Don't keep the weights in the center next to each other. .  Then adjust as you see fit.  I actually tended to keep them pretty far apart.  I guess that's one of the reasons why I switched out.  I just didn't see the benefits of having an adjustable weight.