• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

we had the day off on monday so i played hansen dam again. played pretty inconsistently and didn't make a single par. ended up shooting 100. driving was nice and straight and my chipping was pretty good. didn't make a putt at all today. had a couple of holes on the back nine where everything just went south, carding a 9 on one hole.

i'm trying to figure out which driver to use so today i used my greatest big bertha. i like the sound it makes striking the ball better than the taylor made R11, and once i figured out the right height to tee the ball, my driving went farther and i felt like i figured it out. i think i'll keep it in the bag.

for my bday my wife got me a fitting at golf galaxy. still need to go in for it and hope it'll be helpful. i got a bunch of amazon gift cards so i think i've found a new putter to buy through them. i'm undecided on what to do about a new driver. there's no way i'm willing or able to drop $400-500 on a new one so i'm gonna stick with the bertha for the foreseeable future. i'm also debating internally about whether or not to continue with my irons. they've been an absolute gift of love for me. i'm curious to see what my fitting tells me about what i need.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Blarg said:

The Kenyan balls, being over-sized, are not regulation since they don't fit in the hole. No wonder your score is so high. 

I appreciate the concern but when I open my comedy club I will need a janitor.  Gotta start somewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Crampknees said:

18 yesterday at a nice tree lined course in Plano, TX...109. Same guys got together this morning for 9 at our local course just to give support...51. 

I call BS.

There aren't any trees in Plano 

23 hours ago, Crampknees said:

18 yesterday at a nice tree lined course in Plano, TX...109. Same guys got together this morning for 9 at our local course just to give support...51. 

51? Nice!

hitting from the red tees certainly has its advantages.

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2018 at 12:03 AM, Adam said:

Played talega on Friday. Opened 8,6 and finished the front at 48. Ate a dick on the last few holes. 101

I feel your pain.  Luckily I snapped out of it a little so there is always hope next time.  Lately if I get on in regulation I four putt but get on in 5 I can drain it from anywhere....same score. 

• 2 months later...

I've  probably driven past Green River Golf Course 1000 times in my lifetime. I played yesterday for the first time. We teed off at 2pm and got 13 holes in. It wasn't in great shape overall but the greens were pretty pure. I really like the layout. Some fun Par 3s and 5s.

My scorecard:

Birdies - 0

Pars - 5

Bogeys - 3

Doubles - 2

Triples - 3

I used to play that course frequently with my brothers. It was often in just OK shape but it's an older public course not designed by any big name so it plays more towards an average golfer. It used to be two courses which helped getting tee times on the weekend. 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:52 AM, Blarg said:

I used to play that course frequently with my brothers. It was often in just OK shape but it's an older public course not designed by any big name so it plays more towards an average golfer. It used to be two courses which helped getting tee times on the weekend. 

Drove it into the trees too many times

just got done playing The Crossing in Carlsbad. I think this may have been the only round i played this year, and that's got to change for next year.

Beautiful course, but definitely a resort kind of course - it's next to Legoland and the Hilton timeshare property, which is where we're staying. Hit a bucket of balls but never got to the practice green before rushing off. Was concerned, but it wasn't a great problem.

Ended up shooting 44/45 for an 89. Had a phenomenal day. Driver was rock solid and did something today I haven't done since high school - I had a 315 yard drive. Surprised the crap out of me, but that's how solid i was hitting off the tee. My long irons are weak right now as well as my rescue club, but didn't need to use many of them today. My short irons were terrific. I figured out something with my grip, and i was dialed in. My yardages were also right on target from the fairways. Putting was okay today on greens that were very quick and surprisingly straight, even though the course is incredibly hilly.

This was as fun a day as I can remember having on the course. I'm sore as hell right now, but man, it was worth it. Can hardly wait to come back.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:43 PM, Tank said:

just got done playing The Crossing in Carlsbad. I think this may have been the only round i played this year, and that's got to change for next year.

Beautiful course, but definitely a resort kind of course - it's next to Legoland and the Hilton timeshare property, which is where we're staying. Hit a bucket of balls but never got to the practice green before rushing off. Was concerned, but it wasn't a great problem.

Ended up shooting 44/45 for an 89. Had a phenomenal day. Driver was rock solid and did something today I haven't done since high school - I had a 315 yard drive. Surprised the crap out of me, but that's how solid i was hitting off the tee. My long irons are weak right now as well as my rescue club, but didn't need to use many of them today. My short irons were terrific. I figured out something with my grip, and i was dialed in. My yardages were also right on target from the fairways. Putting was okay today on greens that were very quick and surprisingly straight, even though the course is incredibly hilly.

This was as fun a day as I can remember having on the course. I'm sore as hell right now, but man, it was worth it. Can hardly wait to come back.

Helluva job tanker!

• 3 months later...

Been too long since this thread got updated. Played in our schools’ first fundraiser tournament in a four man scramble format in March at Brookside. It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when you have me carrying the team. We never made a single birdie and I think we ended up finishing last. But it was a fun day.

played twice during spring break. First day was at DeBell in Burbank. A good track but it’s more hilly than I remembered. Nothing to brag about that day and my driver wasn’t cooperating.

the next day I played at a new course for me - Diamond Bar. Really enjoyed the course and would go back in a heartbeat. They had just sanded the greens so we counted two and moved along. Not a good scoring day but enjoyed it a good deal. @Adam, let’s play there.

I’ve been wanting to hit a driver with a smaller head. I struggle with these gigantic heads. So on a whim I checked eBay for a TaylorMade bubble burner driver. It’s an older club but the technology was good and it’s a smaller head. Found several but most were in rough shape. Finally found one that looked clean. Guy was asking $18.50 OBO.Offered him $15 and he accepted. It’ll be here Friday.

Not bad for a club that was $300 brand new. Hope it’s a club I like.