• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

• 2 weeks later...

With the work shut downs, I pretty much was playing daily at two courses in Riverside since the whole shut down of courses happened. They have holes around neighborhoods so it’s easy to just walk on, play, and get through with no issues. No one else around. Obviously they reopened again but I got over a month of pretty much every day, free golf. My game has improved hugely in just that time. I bought new Callaway Apex 19 irons and I injured my oblique area right after I got them. lol I don’t regret any of it.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Tank said:

Courses have started opening around here. Now I just need some time to play. Hoping that don’t jack up the prices  on us.

It's a pain in the ass to book a tee time right now. I usually book through golfnow.com and you pretty much have to book a week in advance just to get what you want. Hoping as all the LA County courses open up again, things will start to normalize a bit.

14 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

It's a pain in the ass to book a tee time right now. I usually book through golfnow.com and you pretty much have to book a week in advance just to get what you want. Hoping as all the LA County courses open up again, things will start to normalize a bit.

Well I hope you’re following the CoronaVirus guidelines by golfing with no fans. 

got an email last night from Scholl canyon. they're reopening and sent out a list of guidelines. 

- only foursomes, no more than that

- must have mask to cover at the start of your round but not required to keep it on as you play

- required to walk the front nine but will get a cart for the back 9 (unless you have a handicap placard then you can have a cart for the front 9 also)

- some kind of insert into the cups so there's minimal contact and you don't have to actually reach into the hole. I'm having a hard time picturing this.

- no rakes on the course, so use your foot to smooth over your area in the bunkers (well, it's not like the hacks who play there were using rakes regularly anyway, so this will be only slightly different, and maybe even better)

- driving range, pro shop, and snack bar are closed

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

got an email last night from Scholl canyon. they're reopening and sent out a list of guidelines. 

- only foursomes, no more than that

- must have mask to cover at the start of your round but not required to keep it on as you play

- required to walk the front nine but will get a cart for the back 9 (unless you have a handicap placard then you can have a cart for the front 9 also)

- some kind of insert into the cups so there's minimal contact and you don't have to actually reach into the hole. I'm having a hard time picturing this.

- no rakes on the course, so use your foot to smooth over your area in the bunkers (well, it's not like the hacks who play there were using rakes regularly anyway, so this will be only slightly different, and maybe even better)

- driving range, pro shop, and snack bar are closed

Yea, basically the cups now have either Styrofoam  or plastic inside so that you don't have to reach all the way down. It's tough to tell on some putts that are on the edge if they actually would have gone in or not. Sometimes they will hit the foam/plastic and pop out and those putts are considered good but you have to really pay attention sometimes. 

Every course I played until yesterday had the regular flag sticks in but you just can't touch them. However, yesterday I played at Birch Hills and they literally had tiny little flags about a foot high and it was pretty ridiculous. I had a couple of putts yesterday where I think they might have went in if there was a flag stick but oh well. At least the courses are open. Although if the courses did close again I'm back to walking on closed courses regardless. Either way, I'm golfing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today was a great day. I was 9.8 handicap before today’s round and I have made huge strides since the whole quarantine started by practicing pretty much daily. Have tracked my scores seriously for almost a year and went from a 14 to mid 9.5 in that time.

Anyway, today it all came together and I shot 4 over. Just burying filthy putts from all over the place. But played really great golf even with some bad luck. Now I’m at a 9.4 handicap and I’m just wondering if this can actually be a new thing for me. I feel like I could do it again. I’m just so giddy. I apologize.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:16 PM, hangin n wangin said:

Well, today was a great day. I was 9.8 handicap before today’s round and I have made huge strides since the whole quarantine started by practicing pretty much daily. Have tracked my scores seriously for almost a year and went from a 14 to mid 9.5 in that time.

Anyway, today it all came together and I shot 4 over. Just burying filthy putts from all over the place. But played really great golf even with some bad luck. Now I’m at a 9.4 handicap and I’m just wondering if this can actually be a new thing for me. I feel like I could do it again. I’m just so giddy. I apologize.

It looks like all of the deaths were worth it

• 2 weeks later...

Have been walking the closed course but now it is all roped off.  But some good news. The course down the street when I moved here in 2011 was immaculate and the guy bought all the property here when home development started and had big plans of a restaurant, swimming pool,etc and even going to build nine more holes.  Well he died that year and the family signed a lease with American golf which runs many in the OC area where they signed an $80k a month lease for 15 years, that guy got fired off the get go who wrote that up. It turned into a goat ranch where the rule was even if you go in a bunker just pull it out and chip from there.  He was Nicklaus's main man. So he wasn't the designer of a Nicklaus or whomever course but the guy who took the blue prints and ran the earth movers and made the course.  Family had shit load of money and why not take $80k a month where all they could do is charge a $35 a month players club fee, pay for the cart, get a hot dog and a flat beer for free. American golf went to court because of covid to get out of the lease and actually won declaring it like an act of God.  I thought damn there goes my property value, it's shut down. Walked out there the other day and bunkers are being redone and people working hard. Asked who are you and they said we are Kemper Sports out of Chicago. Guess the kid of the guy who started Kemper Insurance started a golf course management company way back in the day and he is the chairman of the board now.  They run Bandon Dunes and Chambers Bay and bunch of other courses.  Not sure what they will be charging now and I actually work for Kemper insurance, they can't make it exclusive private but gonna help the property values. Fuckin A they are fixing the goat ranch.  

• 3 weeks later...

Got these and they are like a small hybrid starting with the 4 and go down as you get to the wedge.  I think I needed some old man clubs besides the blades I kept buying.  Could have just been because you always hit the new clubs good until the usual sets in but shit I was hitting the 7 from where I usually hit a 5. 

download (31).jpg

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I’m playing one of my absolute favorite courses today, Los Verdes. An absolute hidden gem in the South Bay.

Don't Los too many balls and putt well on the verdes. Is it the one where there are cliffs down to the water?  Never played it but if the same one went to a wedding there. 

11 hours ago, Fireball said:

Don't Los too many balls and putt well on the verdes. Is it the one where there are cliffs down to the water?  Never played it but if the same one went to a wedding there. 

The back nine gives amazing views of the Pacific though it’s not directly on the water. Trump National is a couple miles down the road - that might be the one on the water. It’s also about five times as much to play there.

34F5D180-563D-40A6-A4E0-A421A2EEF29F.jpeg

24816E98-C1ED-42CB-8F39-4D2E30A20282.jpeg