• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

We should play a round together once I get back in town. I'll have my people reach out to you on the 3rd to firm up a tee time. 

I was just thinking the same thing. would be glad to do so. 

• 1 month later...

Played yesterday at Mile Square Park. Shot a 94. Regular assortment of good and bad shots. It’s always a good day when you don’t lose any balls in your round.

We played the Classic course again, which is pretty wide open. Found out they are shutting down everything at the end of June and rearranging the layout to just one course, taking 12 holes from the Classic course, and then a mixture of holes from both courses to finish out a full 18. They’ve already put up fence posts for the fence that’s going in. One rumor my friend heard was that they’re going to make a homeless camp with the part they’re closing down. Yay.

@Adam

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Yeah it sucks the players course is so much better And that’s the one they’re closing. Homeless people are the worst. I hope that’s not the plan

you and Chad could always lead a protest march.

• 9 months later...
On 6/18/2021 at 9:27 PM, Adam said:

Yeah it sucks the players course is so much better And that’s the one they’re closing. Homeless people are the worst. I hope that’s not the plan

any news on this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 9:17 PM, Blarg said:

Buy last year's driver, put the savings into golf lessons and play better than if you just bought the newest equipment. 

he's got nice equipment . . . from 2003. he's had surgery on both shoulders and isn't finished with his rehab, so he's not in the market for any new equipment at the moment. i wanted him to have a look and see what's out there since he hasn't set foot on a golf course in probably ten + years and doesn't keep up with any of the new equipment. i was hoping a trip to the store might get his juices stirred to start getting back to wanting to play. 

• 1 month later...

Went to the driving range yesterday to see if it was time to start back up. Got a large bucket and did the usual pre shot warm ups. Took a few swings with the pitching wedge and then told the kids sharing a mat with their dad the rest of the golf balls were theirs. I guess the doctor was right and wait another five weeks. 

Spent the next 45 minutes practicing putting. Dropped consecutive putts from 3,6,9,12,15 and 18 feet and called it a day. 

On 5/29/2022 at 5:37 PM, gotbeer said:
I feel for them.  I played Rustic Canyon once.  Had a downhill 3 footer for a birdie.  Lipped out, not an aggressive lip out, but a ball dying at the hole.  The ball ended up going 30 feet past the hole, and 20 yards down the fairway.  

That’s just idiotic and sucks the fun out of playing. What a terrible thing to do to those girls during a tournament.

• 5 weeks later...

Playing tomorrow (Thursday) with one of my bosses. Haven’t played in ten months so there’ll be rust. We’re playing at El Cariso, an executive 18 so this is a nice course to get back in the game. 

Going to play a new ball tomorrow designed for a slower swing for seniors. Will let you know how it plays.

Had an acceptable round today. Shot an 81 on a par 60, and for not having played in ten months, I was very pleased. 

The new ball is the Callaway Super Soft, and it’s designed for senior swing speeds. I was really happy with this ball. It flew farther than expected and rolled very nicely on the greens. I didn’t hit many good approach shots into the greens so the part about spin and bite is still unknown. It reminded me very much about the best ball I played, and that was the 90 compression Pinnacle Gold. I know that was never a very sexy choice, but it worked very well for me, and all of my lowest and best scores came with that ball. While I was disappointed that it went out of business, I feel like I’ve found the perfect replacement for it. 

Edited by Tank

I got new irons - TaylorMade Stealths.  The guy that did the fitting said that my swing wasn't shallow enough so I practiced that the 4+ weeks while I waited for the irons to arrive.  Feels weird trying to relearn.

Played Rio Hondo last Friday.  Was hot, but my revamped swing was helpful.  Unfortunately couldn't hit my driver off the tee and couldn't putt to save my life.  103

On 7/8/2022 at 1:52 PM, AngelsLongBall said:

Played Rio Hondo last Friday.  Was hot, but my revamped swing was helpful.  Unfortunately couldn't hit my driver off the tee and couldn't putt to save my life.  103

Tell me the 103 was the temperature and not your score @AngelsLongBall.

Friday I went early to the range and managed to get through a large bucket even without using an elbow sleeve. This was my first complete bucket since surgery and it's going to be a long road back from the results I saw but at least I wasn't in pain during or after.