• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I play too infrequently these days to drop even $600 on some new sticks. 

Ya chances are they would say give you $110 for yours and check out this set for $800. It's just golf, I flip flop from terrible off the tee to great around the green to ripped off the tee to 4 from 20 yards. 

4 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Ya chances are they would say give you $110 for yours and check out this set for $800. It's just golf, I flip flop from terrible off the tee to great around the green to ripped off the tee to 4 from 20 yards. 

I picked up the Callaway xr2 speed driver over Christmas. Also picked up a 7 wood from the used tub at roger dunn. both are great. My ping G5s are toast though. 

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

I picked up the Callaway xr2 speed driver over Christmas. Also picked up a 7 wood from the used tub at roger dunn. both are great. My ping G5s are toast though. 

I have the new Epic Max but just how much you want to spend. Play with one guy who has an old Titleist driver and always down the middle.  Think the latest is over a grand now. 

39 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

I have the new Epic Max but just how much you want to spend. Play with one guy who has an old Titleist driver and always down the middle.  Think the latest is over a grand now. 

Fuck it. Buying these

https://www.gigagolf.com/club_detailsHTML.jhtml?manufacturer=GigaGolf&groupnum=MI-GGTM18-SET

+1' length and golf pride jumbo grips. Let's fucking smash

Shit, I bought a sand wedge that almost costs as much then I look for it in my bag this weekend and it is gone. Some asshole lifted it while I was at the driving range.

I rummaged around the garage and found my old Powerbuilt sand wedge from 30 years ago. I'm going to have to suffer the shame of rolling with an outdated iron. At least it's a built in excuse for shitty sand play.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:32 AM, Blarg said:

Didn't you pawn those Taylormade RACs I gave you? 

eric, those have been solid clubs, and i think of you every time i play.

Edited by Tank

19 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'm glad they have gotten use. They are a little out dated so give me another 6 months or so and you may end up with some new Pings that I can't hit worth a damn. At the very least an M6 driver. 

Ha, you know where to find me.

I received the M5 driver for my bday last year and really like it. Good solid drives far more often than not. The irons Adam jacked from my garage were Ping knock offs and I loved those clubs. Another set of Ping irons would be of great interest to me.

ive looked on eBay for replacement irons (Ping Eye 2) but either they’re asking more than I want to pay or they look like they were used on an asphalt driving range. I’ll probably get a club fitting for irons (I did that for my driver and it was incredibly helpful). My swing speed has dropped more than I would’ve liked and I’ll need clubs that help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Played Palm Valley in Goodyear this morning. It was cold and windy but that wasn't an excuse for how we butchered the 9th hole. One of the few with water and even though I was the only one that didn't splash down we still all carded the same score. Four nines. It was so embarrassing. Cant wait for tomorrow's round at the Verrado Founder's course. 

This last weekend I spent in Arizona with my brothers playing golf. I had booked a lesson for Thursday afternoon but wind conditions postponed that until Saturday afternoon. So I played two rounds with my crappy swing, only using the driver a couple times because the push fade was too exaggerated to stay on these fairways. 

So after Saturdays round I met up with the instructor and he started it of watching me hit my 7 iron. After 5 hits that had a normal arch, decent distance and landed in a reasonable pattern he looks at me and asks, "Why do you want a lesson?"

I laughed because I can't remember putting five 7 irons in the same spot on the driving range. Moved on to the driver and that's where it fell apart quickly with the push fade hard right.

We worked on three flaws. One was my hands at the top of the backswing were too low. Second on the takeaway I was hinging the wrists too early which pulled the club off line and the face open. Last was the biggest surprise and that was clearing the hips too far.

He said most of his students don't clear their hips but I was going too far and too quickly to keep in sync with my shoulders. This was leaving me in a position that in order to clear my arms a roundhouse open face was occurring, basically swinging outside because I blocked an inside path. 

Each step moved the needle a little until I was at the point I was putting several quality drives together with only a misshit now and then. 

Well worth the $85. He didn't try and dismantle everything down to where my thumb was on the shaft. Now I wish he was close by because I could see buying  package of lessons. 

The payoff was the 18th hole of the Victory course the next day. The 5th hardest hole on the course. Elevated tee overlooking a fairway with rocks on the left and lake on the right and I crushed my drive dead center leaving 143 to the pin. I followed that with a 7 iron and walked off the green with par. 

Now I just need some putting lessons. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last Sunday I played the front 9 of Tour 18 in Houston to 3 over but returned to earth on the back 9 and carded an 86. Best round since returning to playing and I was using 10 year old King Cobra rental clubs with a putter that looked like they used it to frame a barn.

Today Kurt, his friend Cecil and I played the Rangers Golf Course in Arlington and even though Kurt tried his best to sabotage my game by loaning me his spare doctored clubs and handing me shots of Fireball, I managed birdie and par on the final two holes to match his score. 

The incriminating evidence of driver fraud.

20210427_163159.jpg

I played Monday at el Cariso, a nice little 18 hole executive course in sylmar. it's a good place to work on your short game, and I've played there many, many times. 

they aerated the greens so putting sucked, like you were putting through bunkers. cost me several shots.

I played alone and managed to play two balls for most of my round. nice easy day out there. best shot of the day was on the 10th hole. was 140 yds out and nailed a 6I to two feet. then promptly muffed the putt. but man, that 6I over a huge oak tree was a thing of beauty, the kind of shot that makes you keep coming back for more.