• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

5 hours ago, Fireball said:

Must have been another course around there, I would never allow myself to step on a Trump property even for my own wedding. 

Yeah, what he’s charging for what you’re getting is stupid.

I just got a golf coach. I’m still working from home most of the time and with my net I could practice a ton. I was already practicing a ton but obviously since I’ve never had lessons before I know there were many things I was doing wrong. Still am a 9 handicap but I really want to make the push to the low single digits. 

So I got lessons at golf code 360 in brea. Jay Lim is the founder of the process they teach and he has nothing but exceptional reviews. I think he has a total of like 160 reviews and they are all five stars except for like one.

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I just got a golf coach. I’m still working from home most of the time and with my net I could practice a ton. I was already practicing a ton but obviously since I’ve never had lessons before I know there were many things I was doing wrong. Still am a 9 handicap but I really want to make the push to the low single digits. 

So I got lessons at golf code 360 in brea. Jay Lim is the founder of the process they teach and he has nothing but exceptional reviews. I think he has a total of like 160 reviews and they are all five stars except for like one.

How much does that run? I love to golf but I'm fucking terrible at it. The only time I've ever taking lessons was when I was a teenager. 

7 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

How much does that run? I love to golf but I'm fucking terrible at it. The only time I've ever taking lessons was when I was a teenager. 

I got the 5 lessons for 500 dollar package. Lessons are one hour each for my package but they have different packages you can choose from. I’ve only done one but I’m pretty serious about getting better right now while I have the time, so I’m most likely going to keep going after my current lessons are up.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

I got the 5 lessons for 500 dollar package. Lessons are one hour each for my package but they have different packages you can choose from. I’ve only done one but I’m pretty serious about getting better right now while I have the time, so I’m most likely going to keep going after my current lessons are up.

Let me know after you finish if it really did help your game.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to play today so I left the house around 11 and went to El Cariso. They were booked until 5:45, plus the starter was a real jerk to people, including me. So I headed over to Hansen Dam. They’re booked until 6:30. Guess I’m not playing today.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished my 5 lesson package at GolfCode360 studio in Brea. I really enjoyed it and signed up for more lessons. I've learned so much about the golf swing in the brief time that I've been going here.  I can now tell what I am doing wrong when I hit a bad shot and in looking at my swing on video, it's night and day from what it was before. Don't get me wrong, there is obviously still a lot of work to do to get where I want to be golf wise, but it's nice to know the fundamentals and proper golf movements in order to get there as opposed to hacking a million balls on the range with no purpose. If you want to get better at golf and are willing to put some work into it, I would recommend this place. It's a bit pricey, but you pay for what you get and what you get is a great education on the golf swing.

I gave up my clubs five or more years ago and quit golf. My brother came to town a couple weekends ago and wanted us to play as a foursome again, all four brothers. I had blew out my left elbow a month ago but agreed to drive the cart and add commentary. 

We were only playing the back nine and I ended up dropping a ball on the green at whoever was furthest from to putt using each brothers putter. I was doing ok, the first putt was about 20 feet and I drained it.

We got to the last par 3 and I borrowed a pitching wedge. If Ohtani can bat with a blown elbow, I should be able to hit a pitching wedge. Took a nice easy swing on a pin that was sitting front of the green at 109 from the box and ended up completely skying the green, gone into the hillside. 

Final hole I borrow my brothers Taylormade driver and hit the longest drive, dead center. Hit a 6 iron that ended up on the edge of the green, flubbed the chip and two putts for bogey, all on borrowed clubs.

Fuck my life, I spent an hour last Thursday at a golf emporium trying to rationalize buying the new Taylormade Sim or Callaway Mavrik driver. Luckily I left with nothing to aggravate the elbow more and made a Dr appointment instead. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Meanwhile, four months later...

I bought a M6 Driver just to see if I want to do this again, it was on sale in Montana and no tax meant I shaved another 10% off. I figured I could sell it to my brothers if I changed my mind. Took it to the driving range twice, almost remembered how to swing it. Then my brother convinces me to play the back nine of Coyote Hills on Sunday, he loaned me his Mizunos. Very nice clubs with custom grips and shafts. I played like hot crap but managed one par.

Yesterday I'm in Golf Emporium checking out the Taylor Made Sim, Cleveland Launchers and the Calloway Max irons. Of course I like the most expensive Calloway, second came the cheapest of the three in the Cleveland and the Taylor Made reminded me of why I gave Tank my last set. I left with nothing.

Today I'm going to the range with my driver and a dusty old pair of the first new set of Irons I played with. I'll see if I just want to work with them until I have a swing worth $1,200 worth of Calloways. 

I probably should get a putter.

I only go with my kid anymore.  Since I did have instructors and forced her to play high school golf at one time we just play a scramble anymore.  She hits it right down the middle and now and then I may chip or putt one within two feet for an up and down and make her go finish the putt.  Our last two rounds were even and one over.  She drives the ball and the cart and I just drink cocktails and go to her ball and hit. 

during thanksgiving week i played costa mesa country club (it's public, not some fancy yacht club kind of place). we played the shorter of the two courses (mesa??). played okay and liked it enough i would play there again.

planning to play los verdes during the first week of christmas break. just about my favorite place to play that's affordable.

Played the back nine of Coyote Hills early this morning. Hit the fairway on all but one hole. My 25 year old irons hit way shorter than the Mizunos. Missed both par 3 greens. Only hit one beach and got out clean. My chipping and putting was terrible. 

So I'm back to where I was when I quit this damn game.  

So I'm back to where I was when I quit this damn game.  

===============================

I think most of us could say that. You have to play and/or practice a lot which I don't do.  Guys I played with before and always whipped them when it was 18 or 36 holes a month are now retired and playing all the time.  I don't stand a chance now. I am thinking maybe cornhole would be a better game for me.  

• 2 weeks later...

played at diamond bar country club yesterday, which is a nice public course though very hilly. drove well and hit my irons okay. putting was pretty good but my chipping probably cost me a good ten shots. sculled way too many shots, including one out of the bunker, which i never, ever do.

had a funny moment. buddy i was playing with was just destroying his game on this one hole (#13 i think). he's short of the green in 8 and chipped in for a 9. i was in the fringe lying 3 and chipped in right behind him for a 4. we both got a good laugh out of it.

18 hours ago, Tank said:

played at diamond bar country club yesterday, which is a nice public course though very hilly. drove well and hit my irons okay. putting was pretty good but my chipping probably cost me a good ten shots. sculled way too many shots, including one out of the bunker, which i never, ever do.

had a funny moment. buddy i was playing with was just destroying his game on this one hole (#13 i think). he's short of the green in 8 and chipped in for a 9. i was in the fringe lying 3 and chipped in right behind him for a 4. we both got a good laugh out of it.

You think diamond bar is hilly?

It used to have horrible problems with drainage that made several holes un-playable. They even gave discounts because you would only actually play 14 of 18 holes. They had to tear out and completely renovate those areas for a groundwater dispersal system so it wasn't a mosquito hatchery.